Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lads,

Finally back behind the wheel of a VAG so I figured I'd put some pics up.

The car is a 2002 Audi S3 with 88000 miles on it. Apart from the standard S3 luxuries it also has a Bose sound system and a sunroof.

I have had the car 2 weeks and can't really say that I have enjoyed every minute of it since within the 1st hour of owning it the 4 coil packs gave up on me. Then a week later I blew a tyre, but no biggy since Rocher sorted me with some wheels.

Anyway I'll let the pics do the talking.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Here are the new alloys. They are already fitted just didn't get around to taking pictures.

As you can see from the pictures the passenger side looks sorry for itself. The wing needs replacing plus the door and quarter panel are badly dented. The bumper needs respraying as well.

It needs a bit of work but since I changed the alloys the car now drives fine. I think it is due to the fact that the tyres were absolute and utter sh%&%te.

Anyway what do you think?
Any opinion appreciated and if you know about the car even if it is bad (especialy if it is bad) give me a shout!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No actually the quote I got was higher than Axa, so I went for that instead. Insurance is down to 780/year now. Top tip for any foreigner trying to get insurance, swap your license for an Irish one!!!

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
I'm sure you'll turn it out well. Good base as Simon mentioned.

Suspension upgrade would be an idea. Maybe talk to Plane.

Health to enjoy Zebby.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nah dont worry hopefully this one will stick around. Still have the hearse, it's a love story you know. It drives me place, i think i'll use as a guest car when people come visit! Sounds posh doesnt it!

Want to get it sorted before i attempt any modification. Like Chrissy from the forum said this weekend i'm a hypocondriac when it comes to my car. I think it needs 2 back bushings, a tie rod (whatever that is) and prob a new cluch as I've noticed that when i'm in sixth at 60mph if I put my foot down the car will rev a little then lose rev a bit and then the turbo kicks in. Then it needs the bodywork sorted.

Well apart from that i have a long wish list

German plates got not yet fitted
Cruise control
Xcarlink to connect iphone
Digital gauge

And the intersting bits

Exhaust system
Samco hoses
Intercooler
Air intake
Coilovers
A remap

This will happen over time as i have yet to win the lottery but thats the plan if all goes well!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice looking car Zeb, wont take much to make it right. For the exhaust, i really recommend a Milltex system. I have one on my S3 an it makes it purr really nice. Check those rear Control Arms cause the ones on the S3 i bought were shot an needed quick replacin. The clutch went in mine at bought 78k miles an similiar prob, only my flywheel was gone too. I fitted an uprated clutch an flywheel but i wouldnt recommend it, if your goin too use it as your daily driver, as my clutch pedal is very heavy an traffic is a nitemare for your leg. But makes all the difference on a quiet piece of road where you can let it on a bit. Alot smoother power delivery. Best of luck with the car.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Looks well, But needs some serious spacing to fill the arches! My mate has a 225 one of these, they are an awesome car to drive!

·
low&slow
3,212 Posts
Nice S3 Zebby Im sure ive seen this S3 once in Limerick sometime last year. New wheels make a big difference.

Hows the bose system?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The bose system is extremely good compared to what you would usually get as a standard stereo. You would usually want to change the head unit to have a good sound but really no need for it here unless you're an audio maniac which I'm not.

Does anyone know how much it would be to:

Change the clutch?
Have the haldex serviced?
Change 2 bushings at the back?

and anyone know of a good decent honest mechanic in the Cork area that would know his way around the S3?

Loads of questions I know...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well wear

I actually went to buy this car a few weeks ago!!,Lady owner!

I have a motorcheck report and scan from that day if you want them,no prob sending them on

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.