Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
paul mc
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my renewal quote the other day for my golf mk5 tdi. Bloody nuts, they want 1077 yoyo's off me. 100 yoyo off of being double what it was last year. Not a hope. Im 26 in June, no points on licence and 7 yrs no claims. WTF?????? I was insured with 123.ie just log on and save money (Yeah right)
Any insurance company's ye would suggest. Iv a focus 1.6tdci 2010 bought soooo it will be that ill be insuring. The golf will be sadly missed
So any ideas lads cause not a hope in hell am i paying any where near that

·
Low'N'Wide
480 Posts
Im with a broker called Brittons Insurance based in Donegal, im insured with Asgard through them. My insurance has come down 400 euro each year the last 2 years so im happy enough with that. Im 20 and currently in the middle of my 2nd year NCB.

·
paul mc
1,020 Posts
QUOTE (David.1.9TDi @ Apr 17 2011, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Im with a broker called Brittons Insurance based in Donegal, im insured with Asgard through them. My insurance has come down 400 euro each year the last 2 years so im happy enough with that. Im 20 and currently in the middle of my 2nd year NCB.

Holy moly!! mine has gone from 588 to 1077. Not a chance im payin it. And do they insure peeps down south?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i use aviva , there is a friend who works for them and she got me 1000 euro off when i put my girlfriend on the policy. im paying 1300 on a 130bhp mk4. only 20 with 2 years ncb

·
It&#39;s Michael for fecks sake&#33;
1,779 Posts
QUOTE (mcfanta @ Apr 17 2011, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Holy moly!! mine has gone from 588 to 1077. Not a chance im payin it. And do they insure peeps down south?

There is no justification for that, F****ng rip off. I'm with 123.ie and got it nearly 40 euro cheaper this year. The trick is go online and get a quote as a new customer a good month BEFORE they send the renewal out. I reckon if you did you would have got close to the 588.

·
paul mc
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (Micky 32 @ Apr 17 2011, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is no justification for that, F****ng rip off. I'm with 123.ie and got it nearly 40 euro cheaper this year. The trick is go online and get a quote as a new customer a good month BEFORE they send the renewal out. I reckon if you did you would have got close to the 588.
And your man was tellin me that the insurance is up cause of the current economic climate blaaa blaaa blaaa and i said soooo how do ye justify doubling my insurance? Do ye think i will honestly pay double? Doubt it somehow!! He said then that he would ring me back if he could do better. Honestly why would i want to insure my car wit a company who are tryin to rob me blind. Daylight robbery. Like iv been driving 7yrs with a full licence and never a claim or crash. Obviously i must be doing something right

·
It&#39;s Michael for fecks sake&#33;
1,779 Posts
QUOTE (mcfanta @ Apr 17 2011, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And your man was tellin me that the insurance is up cause of the current economic climate blaaa blaaa blaaa and i said soooo how do ye justify doubling my insurance? Do ye think i will honestly pay double? Doubt it somehow!! He said then that he would ring me back if he could do better. Honestly why would i want to insure my car wit a company who are tryin to rob me blind. Daylight robbery. Like iv been driving 7yrs with a full licence and never a claim or crash. Obviously i must be doing something right

It's like i have my health insurance with VHI. It went up 500 euro this year!!
. I gave them the 3 fingers and got it 500 cheaper from Aviva. This country is slow to learn lessons

·
paul mc
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Micky 32 @ Apr 17 2011, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's like i have my health insurance with VHI. It went up 500 euro this year!!
. I gave them the 3 fingers and got it 500 cheaper from Aviva. This country is slow to learn lessons

there nearly worse than the bank for robbin people

·
Registered
491 Posts
Holy crap! thats some hike, I got my renewal last week its 940, I'm 23 driving a 1.8t mk 1 vrs and I have 3 years no claims. It came down from 1350 to 940.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
QUOTE (Martymoore @ Apr 17 2011, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i use aviva , there is a friend who works for them and she got me 1000 euro off when i put my girlfriend on the policy. im paying 1300 on a 130bhp mk4. only 20 with 2 years ncb
If you don't mind me asking Marty does your girlfriend have a full licence or provisional?? I know a fella that got 400 back when he did it. She drives the car more than him now though!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.