Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE that car has had a few more owners than that! its 8v too not vr6
oops why can people be honest when selling cars, and are thoes miles really genuine i wonder, and theres a big difference between 8v and vr6

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
ha ha ha, I didn't buy it...... It was traded into a garage and sold on for little bucks......
The first owner asked the guy that had it (3rd owner<supposidly>) if there was still little milage....so possibly genuine? Are those clocks easily tinkered with?
And yes, tis only 1.8....and (IMO) slow as tar. Just interesting to look at.

and whats the story with those photo's being so big???
Is it a setting on the camera or something??? They're coming from photobucket as per usual, cant figure it out. Anyone have any idea?

·
Registered
701 Posts
im not a buff but if you click the edit button above the pics on photobucket, hit resize at 50%, theyll be great.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
QUOTE (98MK1 @ Feb 9 2006, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And yes, tis only 1.8....and (IMO) slow as tar. Just interesting to look at.

Is it not a 2 litre???

They are not that slow, well i dont think mine is anyway!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (98MK1 @ Feb 9 2006, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And yes, tis only 1.8....and (IMO) slow as tar. Just interesting to look at.

IMO!!!!!

I hope it was a 1.8 coz if its a 2L, its an even slower car than I thought it'd be......As I said Dan, in my opinion....just my opinion. I havn't driven MK3's enough to be able to say if it was just that particular car....

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe its just my car feels so much faster with the torque steer and tram-lining.....and exhaust and suspension etc.....?
What should a MK1 1.8 be powerwise? anyone?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone have the loan of a rolling road for a few hours??? Maybe for the weekend????

·
Kevin
2,344 Posts
QUOTE (Geo @ Feb 9 2006, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not the Mk3 GTIs no, they were 2.0 8v/16v 115/150bhp

16v = 150 bhp at 6000 rpm tho

if i rev'd mine to 6000 there'd be dents on the inside of the bonnet

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (VwDan @ Feb 9 2006, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is it not a 2 litre???

They are not that slow, well i dont think mine is anyway!

Yeh they are, they're brutal slow. That car weighs about 1200Kg, 115BHP isn't half enough for that.

The 16V with 150BHP is no rocket either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts