Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_page.rend..._country_GB.htm

Wolfsburg comes to the UK, 1st April 2011
VW Heritage is proud to announce that we will be the partner for Volkswagen Classic parts in the UK. Volkswagen's involvement and support for the Classic VW scene has just been stepped up. This is great news for the air-cooled and water-cooled scene in the UK.

Our aim, in partnership with VW Classic Parts Wolfsburg is to make all the Classic parts available to enthusiasts, club members and traders throughout the UK and Ireland. We already have a huge range of parts in our UK warehouse many of them sourced from VW and original equipment manufactures. But even our 14,000 items are dwarfed by the 70,000 lines that we will now be able to supply direct from VW's warehouses in Germany, not only for our current range of vehicles but also for the more obscure models.

Exciting times are definitely in store for everyone involved. Volkswagen is actively supporting the re-commissioning of original tools and this can only make the work of restoration easier - we will now be able to supply parts that have not been available for years and we will also be able to supply existing lines with the quality that we all wish for. Carsten Thrandorf, International Sales Director at VW Classic Parts is equally as happy about the forthcoming partnership:

"It is with great excitement that we are making a partnership with VW Heritage to offer our Original VW Classic Parts in the UK. In VW Heritage we have found a company with 25 years of experience and a strong team of knowledgeable enthusiasts who we know will be able to offer the service that is expected by existing and new customers of the Volkswagen brand. In the future we will be able to supply more and more parts for all the VW water cooled cars."

Of course with such big news like this there will be a lot of work involved in getting it to run smoothly and in anticipation we thank you for your patience, but stay tuned for a direct parts search facility linked straight to VW's warehouses and quicker lead times on a lot of genuine parts.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Hopefully this will also bring down the price of 2nd and parts also now that a lot more stuff is going to be readily available off the shelf.

·
Registered
177 Posts
wow! so correct me if im wrong but doest this mean that if you have a really clean shell, a good engine block and a lot of money you could basicly build a finished classic car with completely new vw components which in my books equates to basicly a new (old) car! true or false?

·
Plane
3,414 Posts
QUOTE (wagen fan @ Apr 5 2011, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>wow! so correct me if im wrong but doest this mean that if you have a really clean shell, a good engine block and a lot of money you could basicly build a finished classic car with completely new vw components which in my books equates to basicly a new (old) car! true or false?

Typically they wont do every component but they do a lot. And it will be the important stuff first.

·
&#39;Black Balled&#39; member
5,500 Posts
QUOTE Hopefully this will also bring down the price of 2nd and parts also now that a lot more stuff is going to be readily available off the shelf.

yes and no; aircooled vw heritage 'genuine quality' panels n accessories arent exacly cheap, but they also do a 'budget range'.

it may 'set the bar' alright for some prices; if it comes to pass soon, Mr Crazy Quiff's, will have to revise downwards his 'crazy prices' for what are overpriced cleaned up 'recommissioned' 2nd hand mk1 golf parts...

basically more 'competition' and choice in the market can only be qa good thing...

·
Registered
651 Posts
happy days

mk2 golf small door trims and roof rails ....

and everything else in between

·
Registered
638 Posts
Be careful with this. Ive already been bitten on the ass. I ordered a rear bumper for a T25 thinking I'd be getting a VW part but instead I got a copy part. I will bypass this lot in future and go directly to Germany.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.