Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, something caught my eye across the pond. Its just a standard mk2 gti 8v but is the vrt on these still mental as people were saying awhile ago? the vrt calculator wont work for me at this point so just asking opinions.

Cheers Damien

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
What caught your eye in particular about this car?

The vrt is in one way immaterial if you are chasing a specific car.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Mike @ Apr 7 2011, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What caught your eye in particular about this car?

The vrt is in one way immaterial if you are chasing a specific car.
Well its just a Bright Blue mk2 gti 8v but its pretty standard and looks tidy, its nothing special but its what id be after with the run out interior, and not badly priced either. i've had a quick look round the sites here but theres nothing really because i specificly want that colour.

Cheers for the replies.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
You had me thinking of trying to sell you mine for a second there! You wouldnt be mad to go abroad for one, but you'll definitely be out of pocket after it.

Have you tried a specific wanted ad here on the site?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Oisin @ Apr 7 2011, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You had me thinking of trying to sell you mine for a second there! You wouldnt be mad to go abroad for one, but you'll definitely be out of pocket after it.

Have you tried a specific wanted ad here on the site?
Havent really done much yet just been thinking about it the last week or so because i sold on my own pearl grey one few weeks back as i was stuck for the cash so when my mk4 sells up im definately gonna get one again so im pretty stuck till that moves. Ye the money thing is the main part as i wanted to spend a bit on it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
buy on body condition over anything else, you can pick up most parts easy enough, a rotter is going to be a money pit.
if the car is clean and solid it would be easier to change colour than to repair a rust riddled car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.