Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is anyone from here heading next year, I know its a bit early but if you dont have your
accomadition booked by Jan you wont get any!

The event will take place between the 19.05.2006 and 29.05.2006.
Therefore the main action will be between the 24th of May and 27th of May.

I went to the last show this year and it was crazy best show ive ever seen, and non stop beerin!

We camped out for the last show but wil be staying in a guest house this time, i made a good contact
who ive been e-mailing and his family owns the guest house, prices are good its
a on-suite and breakfast is included, he is to get back to me in Jan for bookings.

we flu from belfast to standsted then onto klagenfurt but ryainair do not offer this flight anymore so
think we wil fly to graz and then get the train!

Pics can be found here.
Worthersee Slide Show Clicky

You only live once :)

Dan

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn cost much Geo trust me, i couldn belive how little i spent when i was over, i went for the full week too, its not like i didnt try and not spend, We got the 2 flights for 90 STG each, booze ect was cheap as you mostly buy it from the supermarket!

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (dubburke @ Dec 24 2005, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>wish i could go, but the wife has heard too many stories of the German women!!!

Tell her its untrue,a complete lie put round for Propaganda !!!, just dont show her any pics of the waitress's!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
QUOTE (RAVEN @ Dec 25 2005, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tell her its untrue,a complete lie put round for Propaganda !!!, just dont show her any pics of the waitress's!!!

Yep that looks like my German ex wife!!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
working out at 330euro rosslaire/ roscoff or cherbourg with 2 adults per car. what are you talking 100 euro petrol for 1000 miles odd ( ok driving easy) plus accomodation omn the way.

1700km 17 hour drive roscoff

1500km 15 hour drive cherbourg

could you manage a 15 hour drive in 2 days? i would doubt it, more like 3 days.

·
Registered
701 Posts
aye tom but my wee ibiza is capacity challenged! lol.

just checking uk routes now.

dublin harwich is 265 euro

harwich hook of holland 204sterling still 1200km to klagenfurt

newcastle/amsterdam 260sterling still 1160 kms

·
Registered
701 Posts
looking through those pics in the first post. not too many seats and no skodas. do vw/audi nuts look down their noses at the performance end of the vag family? pmsl.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lots of differnt cars over there, bm's seats ect!
if your going for the first time id say ur better to fly over first and check it out, its hard to realise the size of it until you see it..........

·
Registered
701 Posts
hope this link works!

http://www.woertherseetreffen.at/

http://www.bookings.at

just checked sailing times,etc.

sailing from rosslaire to cherbourg on sun. 21st may, arrive france 1130 next morning, 1500km trip to be completed in 21hrs.

or sailing from rosslaire to roscoff on fri. 19th for more time to get there. adds 200kms to the journey though.

165 euro for 2 adults sharing a car each way, no cabin though.

return on tuesday 31st may 1800hrs, arrive rosslaire 1130hrs.

have checked as many uk routes as i can. none are working out cheaper, and the mileage isnt really any less when you take the cross england run into account.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
O'Yeah just Remembered i have the Worthersee 2005 Tour DVD!
its about a hour long so if ya want a copy ill do a few, then if more is wanted someone else can do a few as i dont have a dvd burner!

its a good enough dvd, so many mental motors...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
theirs only one camp site really close to show where we camped out, but the problem this year is the show is later in may, so its gona be very hot in them tents lol!

there are massive makeshift camp sites that farmers set up beside that one in the fields, WC's ect are set up and prices are much cheaper.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just Got a e-mail back from him, they also own the campsite so prices are showen below. campsite is under half mile from reifnitz so as for the hotel they are beside each other, well near enough,
its also beside a lake so good for swimming!
from just outside the campside a bus runs to reifnitz & also a choo choo train does the same run so its very handy!

Campsite
Adults: EUR 11,50 per day
Tent (up to four persons): EUR 10,00 per day
Taxes and fees: 1,60 EUR per day

Accomodation at the hotel will be about EUR 35,00 including breakfast.
Please tell me how many persons will need a reservation for the hotel
because i have to check for free capacities!!! Also tell me please how
many of you will stay on the campsite.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anymore takers, nice wee crowd going now!

Deposits to be sent within the next week or so!

Dan

1 - 20 of 47 Posts