Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just said I'd take a few snaps of one of our test vehicles at work...

10 reg Audi A8 4.2 TDI... its an absolute weapon and it being a test vehicle it has all the bells and whistles including our camera system...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Razor @ Apr 19 2011, 11:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what are u testing on it?

The company I work for designs the camera system for it... So we would be using it to calibrate cameras to make sure they are looking at what they are suppose to be looking at... that way when a person is reversing into a parking spot the camera doesnt think the wall is further away than it actually is if you know what I mean...

Also any problems which Audi find themselves from various tests that they carry out we can reproduce easier in the car rather than on a test bench...

·
Go Big Or Go Home
7,890 Posts
QUOTE (martin69 @ Apr 19 2011, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The company I work for designs the camera system for it... So we would be using it to calibrate cameras to make sure they are looking at what they are suppose to be looking at... that way when a person is reversing into a parking spot the camera doesnt think the wall is further away than it actually is if you know what I mean...

Also any problems which Audi find themselves from various tests that they carry out we can reproduce easier in the car rather than on a test bench...

Cool stuff!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
funny auld video there.
dutch lads from the sounds of it

youv got a cool job

do yew get to bring them for "test runs"

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (mk2maniac @ Apr 19 2011, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>funny auld video there.
dutch lads from the sounds of it

youv got a cool job

do yew get to bring them for "test runs"

yeah people who work on the Audi team are insured on it and if the car is free at the weekends or evenings anyone who is insured on it is free to take it away and drive it as much as they want...

unfortunately ive only joined the Audi team in the last few months so they havent insured me on it... YET... so when they do I will be taking it out for a "spin"
I have driven it around the estate alright and a few miles up the road... but thats only teasing me because I know what it can do...

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
ok you have the best job ever!!!

what do you have in next week a f*cking R8 or something!!!
ok now im jealous

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (mk2maniac @ Apr 19 2011, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok you have the best job ever!!!

what do you have in next week a f*cking R8 or something!!!
ok now im jealous

jeazzus if we had an R8 in work id never get anything done... the R8 doesnt have a camera system... not sure if Audi are scheduling one for it either... the models we are working for it on are the A8, A7 and A6... I think once the product is launched fully then we will probably be supplying systems for all Audi Variants...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
We should have an Galway meet tonight

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
QUOTE (martin69 @ Apr 19 2011, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just said I'd take a few snaps of one of our test vehicles at work...

10 reg Audi A8 4.2 TDI... its an absolute weapon and it being a test vehicle it has all the bells and whistles including our camera system...

Very nice. Lucky job you have

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (kevinm @ Apr 21 2011, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We should have an Galway meet tonight

yeah brought it for a spin around the city alright... didnt see the your anni... was getting some funny looks though... 3 young lads in a brand new A8... I think the cops were just as confused... which is prob why they didnt pull me over... which I was extremely surprised about... any time I saw a squad car I kept thinkin this time ill def get pulled even though I was doing nothing wrong...

its a lovely car to drive anyway... seriously comfortable... and frighteningly quick... if I was driving it around full time I dont think my licence would last too long

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Said I would update this thread with the latest work toy... been driving this around for the last few evenings... still have the A8 there but said I would take this seen as I hadnt driven it before...

it has the same engine as the A8 - 4.2 ltr V8 Tdi... because of its size however its a small bit slower but it makes up for that in space and comfort... Ive never driven anything so comfortable in my life... you just sit back and enjoy the ride... its very planted on the road and it corners well for a machine her size... anyway few quick snaps

Attachments

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
QUOTE (matt.finn @ Jul 14 2011, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lidl in Tuam
Id say you got a few qwaree looks in there

Funny enough Lidl stores are one of thep laces you are most likely to see high end Audi cars.There is a rake of those new A8s in lidl HQ in Newbridge never liked them till i seen them in the flesh seriously impressive cars.

Lovely cars Martin give me a shout when you get the V12 TDI version

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.