Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
Mk1 is pretiest imho. Mk2 is a tad ugly. Very similar mechanically as both use Mk1 Golf bits.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
it depends on the car to be honest.
some mk1's are sweet and some mk2's look cool.
I have a mk2, and i like it but would love a sweet mk1
the mk1 is a tidy design, very neat lines

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE the mk1 is a tidy design, very neat lines
very true but to be honest im not a big fan of either

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE (benkenobi @ Feb 2 2006, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>very true but to be honest im not a big fan of either
mk1s are the best ! but try finding a good one!! rare as rocking horse sh1t.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Theres a mint left hooker red mk1 rocco that i've seen around the M50/tallaght now and again, summer months only!

Mk1 rocco all the way!!!

G

·
MK1 is the only one, Mk2 is like all Vee Dubs, as the years pass the middle age spread creeps in and they put on weight!

Never saw the point of a M2 Rocco over a Mk2 golf, golf looks better too. Mk1 may be heavier than Mk1 golf but it still looks hard, M2 just aint got no style!

A mate of mine was rollin very original gold Mk1 about 2 years ago, Irish car too, from Dublin area, havnt seen much of him since so dont know where the roco is!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I had a 1976 green rocco about 8 years ago and I sold it for £400 and not a spot of rust on it. Hands up who's the twat

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE (Dirty1 @ Feb 10 2006, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>MK1 is the only one, Mk2 is like all Vee Dubs, as the years pass the middle age spread creeps in and they put on weight!

Never saw the point of a M2 Rocco over a Mk2 golf, golf looks better too. Mk1 may be heavier than Mk1 golf but it still looks hard, M2 just aint got no style!

A mate of mine was rollin very original gold Mk1 about 2 years ago, Irish car too, from Dublin area, havnt seen much of him since so dont know where the roco is!

mk1 rocco is lighter than mk1 golf by about 25kgs from research i have done. theres a g60 mk1 rocco just over the border from fermanagh.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 10 2006, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had a 1976 green rocco about 8 years ago and I sold it for £400 and not a spot of rust on it. Hands up who's the twat

I had a 1978 green rocco about 5 years ago and I sold it for £300 a lot of rust on it. Hands up who's the twat

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 10 2006, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had a 1976 green rocco about 8 years ago and I sold it for £400 and not a spot of rust on it. Hands up who's the twat

the lad who you sold it too the head was gone.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (nicky @ Feb 12 2006, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the lad who you sold it too the head was gone.

I did shove a bit of stick into the water pump to stop it leaking....waht more did he want

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Mk1 Scirocco TS in orange 280 SYI, thats the car I learned to drive in when I was about 12
, It looked more sporty to be fair.

Although I did have a soft spot for the Mk2 which I also drove for a while when I got my provisional at 17, it was an 1986 Model from the UK, and when it was re-registered, the reg was 86 D 999, It was a gun metal grey GT with P-Slots on it.

The Mk1 was my favourite, with its Wolfsburg steering wheel and Mk1 Golf C steelies

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Someone told me that there is a guy in Killarney with a nice yellow Mk I? Its not Ronan - he is supposed to be a member on here - just can't recall what user name I was told he used - anybody know about it?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
QUOTE (t18con @ Feb 2 2006, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mk1s are the best ! but try finding a good one!! rare as rocking horse sh1t.

i have a load of rocking horse sh1t if your looking for some.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
QUOTE (Alfaguy @ Mar 11 2006, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Someone told me that there is a guy in Killarney with a nice yellow Mk I? Its not Ronan - he is supposed to be a member on here - just can't recall what user name I was told he used - anybody know about it?

suzanne (vwsuze) has a yellow mk1 scirocco.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts