Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Anybody? The bracket you see in the pic sits on the engine mount in front of the driver. Am after putting my engine back in and spotted this broken wire which I cant find a home for.

*****edit****** sorry, its off a '92 passat

·
Registered
875 Posts
Maybe not, it's unusual to have a single wire lambda sensor with a 2 pin connection. Check the end's of the loom (or another smaller loom on the inner wing) near that area and see if there is any broken end. If so a connection should be in that area. Is there an empty connection near the throttle body.

John

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
the bracket looks like a lamda, but the plus definatkly doesnt, the vw lamdas usually have 4 wires, 3 of which are close and one seperated by a plastic piece.

If its off the front engine mount its maybe off the horn?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
might it be the air mass meter wiring? mine snapped while we had my engine out,...... looks like the same sleeve around it.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
its got the same bracket as a g60 lambda sensor which fits on the back right hand engine mount on top of one of the 3 bolts.

there are two wires on the plug and a seperate brown earth wire, there are 3 wire lambdas and 4 wire lambdas used on vws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts