Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Have an issue with my 3bg passat, think shock may be wearing on the tyre, its worn down where they would meet.
At the moment they are 17 inch wheels, 7.5 inches wide with a et 50. If i look length wise at the car, I can see they are more recessed compared to the wheel arches then they should be.
I have never used spacers before, would something like this be ok? Comes with the longer bolts, which I understand will be needed.
Is there anything else I should know about them? Good local suppliers?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You should check the standard offset for the car, it will be roughly ET38. A spacer will bring the offset lower and are quite acceptable aslong as they are hub-centring. Talk to keith at Alloy-Wheels.ie He will sort you out.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
QUOTE (daveslp @ Apr 18 2011, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You should check the standard offset for the car, it will be roughly ET38. A spacer will bring the offset lower and are quite acceptable aslong as they are hub-centring. Talk to keith at Alloy-Wheels.ie He will sort you out.

As Dave said, Keiths the man!!!

Go with a decent brand, Cheap spacers are bad news!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
I wouldn't touch those ones in the link, Don't go cheap on spacers, when you think about the amount of stress they are under, the heat they adsorb so on so fort, Avoid FK also, For me its H&R or nothing, et50 is very high, 20mm spacers would be the best, I think on them cars the original wheels et is 38, 20mm will still only bring you to et30.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.