Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have made a few adaptors in the past for a few of the VAG drivers. Typically to go 4X100 or 5 X 100 to something else. I have a set of wheels myself which I would like to fit to my car but adaptors will put the tyres in the arches, so I need the extra space the adaptor takes up. I am currently making up a prototype hub which I can drill to the required PCD I want. The MK1 and MK2 hubs are just a little bit too shy on the OD to re drill to anything else (unless someone wants 4 X 105?) when the OD of the hub is larger the standard disc wont fit on so the disc will have to be changed as well. I have not found a suitable disc that I want yet but suspect an E30 one or even an Opel one might be good (which would also have to be drilled) Changing the hub would involve a wheel bearing change, Would there be any interest from anyone else in this sort of change, it is a bit of work but arch rubbing would be removed (depending on the wheel width) and no adaptor required afterwards. The hub could also be drilled 4X100 so original wheels could be put back on.

·
Registered
754 Posts
cool idea do you have pictures?

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Pat, it's like you read my mind. I need mk4 hubs, front and rear, redrilled to 5x112 fitment. As far as I know, 5x112 front discs are drilled for 5x100 aswell so hopefully there shouldnt be much issue there but i think the rears are too small. I've lost your number, PM it on to me and I'll give you a buzz about it.

Walter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.