Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (GSBellew @ Apr 5 2011, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't think anything is missing, pretty sure that is where the water bottle aka expansion tank mounts on 1.4 16v's

ok,but there are also 2 vacuum hoses that look like they should be joined to what ever should be there
see atached pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
QUOTE (pickuplines @ Apr 5 2011, 12:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok,but there are also 2 vacuum hoses that look like they should be joined to what ever should be there
see atached pic

Normally 3 things that run on vacuum , once you have vgt turbo . EGR valve , anti Shudder and the VGT for the turbo

·
Registered
8,655 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Your not missing anything
If its the two pipes that i think... the red one connects to the airbox below the air flow meter, youll see the small tube sticking out.
the yellow one connects onto the big vacuum pipe off the vacuum pump via a little tube sticking out of the one-way-valve.
Ill get pics for you if you dont follow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (daveslp @ Apr 5 2011, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Your not missing anything
If its the two pipes that i think... the red one connects to the airbox below the air flow meter, youll see the small tube sticking out.
the yellow one connects onto the big vacuum pipe off the vacuum pump via a little tube sticking out of the one-way-valve.
Ill get pics for you if you dont follow.

mighty stuff,lads
i will fiddle with it in the morning and see if that rights it.

thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.