Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering how to go about organising a car meet - I have never done it before (or even been at one) but I am thinking of helping organising a planned (Alfa) meet that's "supposed" to happen sometime in the summer.

What I am wondering about is all the basic things - like how to decide a venue and what the problems usually are. What about insurance (if any) - obviously any tips to help make the day pleasant and hassle free for everyone.

What days are best (Sunday's I assume). How to cater for food and refreshments and choosing places to go and routes to drive etc.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
QUOTE (Alfaguy @ Mar 5 2006, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am just wondering how to go about organising a car meet - I have never done it before (or even been at one) but I am thinking of helping organising a planned (Alfa) meet that's "supposed" to happen sometime in the summer.

What I am wondering about is all the basic things - like how to decide a venue and what the problems usually are. What about insurance (if any) - obviously any tips to help make the day pleasant and hassle free for everyone.

What days are best (Sunday's I assume). How to cater for food and refreshments and choosing places to go and routes to drive etc.

Sunday's are usually best as more people are off work.

Try to find somewhere that serves food with a decent sized carpark that ye can all pull into(a courtesy call in advance to the establishments manager is a must before ye all just show up!).

As for a route, that's down to personal preference! Take a few spins around the locality of the meet and try to find a decent route (no pothole strewn backroads-remember, people will be driving their pride and joy!) with some kind of scenic areas where ye can all pull in , kick tyres, and talk cars(one or two stops on a decent length spin is plenty).

Remember, travelling in convoy attracts attention, especially from the guards, so emphasise to all attendees in advance that messing on the roads is discouraged..........you can't be a nanny to everyone, but common sense should prevail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts