Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO what would you go for, taking into account resale, engine, badge, spec.
I can get a a New RS for €30k or a 05 Seat Cupra R with 6k mls for
around €27k (new price in Irl was €38k) ?

JC

·
Registered
225 Posts
QUOTE (jcdub @ Feb 15 2006, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>SO what would you go for, taking into account resale, engine, badge, spec.

JC

well leon will be replaced soon and resale value isnt strong, so probably the octavia, but id prefer the leon?

·
Registered
406 Posts
if it was either it'd be the octavia (disregarding any bias as a vRS owner) but the new rear suspension and updated technology would swing it for me, underneath the Cupra is getting on!

the next gen vRS is ahard one to nail down on reasle etc, its quite pricey in comparison the the outgoing model and as Skodas marketing push is on value for money it may be too pricey for previous vRS owners and still too Skoda for those who want to spend 30K+

BTW 30K is pretty good for a nw car listing at 33K without any options

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i would go for the Cupra R look better imho

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
The Mk5 GTI is bounds ahead of the Mk4 - so the vRS is gonna be the same over a Cupra R. So the vRS would be the better performer.

Just depends on how much of a badge-snob you are.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Cupra R looks better vRS works better ! Id say youd get the new Golf GT for that kind of money, prob better residuals on a golf.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Im not a big Skoda fan, But that new RS in blue is a lovely machine

·
Registered
102 Posts
Skoda is a great car but I think I would personally go for the SEAT.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think that the Leon Cupra is a pretty machine, very clean lookin car...But with the new much improved chassis and technology I would go to the Skoda, 2.0T is a stronger engine, and you can get a estate version, a nice sleeper...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Defo go for the 2.0T Skoda
The Leon is basicly going to be the car you are selling without the mods you have done

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Whats that 10 - 4 in favour of the Skoda

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
QUOTE (jcdub @ Feb 15 2006, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>SO what would you go for, taking into account resale, engine, badge, spec.

JC

Have you taken either for a spin ? Everyone has there own opinion so I reakon you'll be more confused after reading all the posts
A number of the Skoda dealerships have demos in at the moment so theres never been a better time to test drive one. I assume the 30k was a cash price on a std model.

If your worried about resale, have a look what Mk1 versions are going for as there'll be a few of them popping up on forecourts over the next couple of months.

I've a vRS being built next week
, so you know which I'd go for.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I drove the skoda. And as far as as a driving experience goes it drives the same as the MK 5 gti. The engine is a gem, even in standard tune.
I would be going for the Race blue if I get. For 30k includes the upgraded 18" alloy wheels.
It is a really well finished car with dual climate control and Leather / Suade seats.

@gaff What colour /spec did you go for?

I would consider a MK5 gti, but it would have to be going for at least 29k

JC

PS thanks for the comments lads. Keep them coming!

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
The skoda would be my first choice for sure

CAn anyone put up a picture of the two of them side by side to compare looks?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (Tony D @ Feb 16 2006, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The skoda would be my first choice for sure

CAn anyone put up a picture of the two of them side by side to compare looks?

Good idea, as Glenn says the Seat looks like a big peanut

Salted or Roasted Birney

1 - 20 of 39 Posts