Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy

I'm looking for somewhere to bring the Landcruiser off road for a bit of a mess. A friend let me into the bit of land round his house in Meath and let just say that when it comes to sending it round, it was Landcruiser 1 - Grass Nil.

I'm looking for anywhere that no one would mind a bit of muck or someone with a smallish field that needs ploughing!

Thanks,

Henry

PS I really miss the TDI economy.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Best of luck with the new Jeep, now leave them fields alone

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (RiccsonTDI @ Feb 27 2006, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks David,

Would you not join me in the Tourag... or can they be brought off road?

I've heard the Treg is meant to be excellent of road, although I'm still waiting for the feckin thing

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Off roading in the mountails.....savage. My brother's selling hi 3.2TD Dihatsu 4trak Jeep for about 1.5K... perfect for off roading if anyone is interested..... Reakon 4X4'ing is gonna get big in Ireland.....watch this space. If anyone wants details of offroading in SE region, PM me for next meet details, and/or website!!

Good luck with the landcruiser.... bring it up the mountains!!!!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
We snook into a neighbours field/pit for a mess in a Cherokee. The result mud-tracks leading to from his place to our house was a bit of a giveaway !!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (thos @ Feb 27 2006, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We snook into a neighbours field/pit for a mess in a Cherokee. The result mud-tracks leading to from his place to our house was a bit of a giveaway !!

Classic

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (98MK1 @ Feb 27 2006, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good luck with the landcruiser.... bring it up the mountains!!!!

Thanks

The last time I was there with it, it was dark and foggy.

I don't suppose anyone has a set of keys for any of those barriers up there?

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
For off road fun you cant beat the curragh of kildare

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Never mind the curragh, its far too flat!!

If you're serious about off-roading Munster4x4 run brilliant events in Cork. Used be winch man for a few years for my mates team. Some fun!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Now that looks like fun!!!

Was yer man in the Defender not able to revcerse out there in the last picture

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
lol - Nope! The competitions were great fun! Made up of mostly Range rover, land rovers and Ibex's, handy that most of us were mechanics!!

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
The curragh flat?
you arent looking in the right places! if you go to the right corner its the most unflat place around these parts (ok i know thats a pretty un quantifiable expression!) But the dont use it to test mowags - scorpions and hummers (yes we have hummers now) for nothing!

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE (Wolfsburg_TDI @ Mar 1 2006, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The curragh flat?
you arent looking in the right places! if you go to the right corner its the most unflat place around these parts (ok i know thats a pretty un quantifiable expression!) But the dont use it to test mowags - scorpions and hummers (yes we have hummers now) for nothing!

Is that open to anyone?

Will there be muck?

·
Plane
3,414 Posts
The curragh is great fun, there is a place called Donnelly's Hollow where the used to have 4x4 competitions when I was a kid. And its a good distance from the barracks. There is also plenty of hill over the other side near the range, its over towards brownstown (go through the barracks towards brownstown, turn left at the rising sun and down about 2 miles and turn left at a hut and you will see the signs and the hills too.)
There is not normally many MP's about either and if there is they dont usually care.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Henry not sure if it's still going on but Coillte were felling up in Three Rock not so long ago, all the barriers were wide open all day so they could just go up and down.. I was walking up there and every gate I passed, realised more and more I should've just driven up!!!

Take it off road there, it's too big an area for anyone to be able to notice you. Be careful too though, you can be a bit over zealous with these jeeps and they get stuck too sometimes.

I was in Glencree many years ago with two Nissan Patrols stuck in bog, an ancient Landcruiser which got stuck trying to pull us out and then finally a builders dumper which pulled the three of us free!! I wasn't driving obviously!

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Exactly what plane said donnellys hollow and the hills at the back of the ranges , there is muck there if the weather is right,my mate has a disco and the crack to be had out there is only mighty!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the info lads. I think I'll give the mountains another chance when it's bright. I might bring the girlfriend up and kill two birds with the one stone... so to speak.

Then it'll be off to the curragh for a spin.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
QUOTE (RiccsonTDI @ Mar 1 2006, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for all the info lads. I think I'll give the mountains another chance when it's bright. I might bring the girlfriend up and kill two birds with the one stone... so to speak.

You mean while the vans a rockin' ??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts