Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am selling my Phatbox, I know with todays iphones/ipods this thing has kinda been made obsolete but it still is a decent bit of kit.

The phatbox emulates a cd changer to your vw stock headunit, and you navigate it through the cd/track menu system with audio speech feedback through the radio telling you where you are in the menu. This is the VW version, with the VW cable, I had it plugged into my audi using a vw cd changer cable.

Sample movie I found on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9290LZ1cAo...feature=related

from wiki

"The PhatBox is a digital music player that can interface with many different automobile head units. It can play unprotected WMA, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC. The PhatBox emulates a CD Changer so it is fully controlled through the existing disc and track buttons on your head unit. Feedback is provided in the form of text to speech announcements through a system called SSA (Simple Stereo Architecture). This allows you to browse by playlist, album, artist, or genre and skip through discs by first-letter. Each P/A/A/G appears as a disc and each songs within the selected category appears as a track."

Comes with cable, software CD + manual

******SOLD********

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.