Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Ok so here is the story, I had the car booked in today to have my coil packs replaced under the recall, They wanted the car for an hour, so I wandered around the kip that is Mullingar and got shouted at by a crazy African women who decided to start praying on her knees and shout at people as they walked past outside Cusack Park( Very random encounter) anyway got back to the car and I was told it was ready and I said thanks and drove out, Didn't check them there as I hadn't time due to them wanting the car for a whole hour to do that small job.

I got home there tonight and just had a quick look to make sure everything was OK, this is what I found

SSC_0916 by ShaunieRal, on Flickr

SSC_0911 by ShaunieRal, on Flickr

SSC_0912 by ShaunieRal, on Flickr

Incase you haven't realised yet they are my original ones, Faulty P/N and all, To say Im annoyed is an understatement, For such an apparent professional organisation this is unacceptable, Unless they have strip them down and rebuilt them with stronger internals that is
, If I were some person who hadn't a clue about cars I would have never had known, Im going in tomorrow when I finish work and I won't be leaving until my car is sorted.

So before I go in and make a fool of myself have I missed something? I cant understand why they didn't just change them.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
QUOTE (ShaunieVW @ Apr 12 2011, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok so here is the story, I had the car booked in today to have my coil packs replaced under the recall, They wanted the car for an hour, so I wandered around the kip that is Mullingar and got shouted at by a crazy African women who decided to start praying on her knees and shout at people as they walked past outside Cusack Park( Very random encounter) anyway got back to the car and I was told it was ready and I said thanks and drove out, Didn't check them there as I hadn't time due to them wanting the car for a whole hour to do that small job.

I got home there tonight and just had a quick look to make sure everything was OK, this is what I found

SSC_0916 by ShaunieRal, on Flickr

SSC_0911 by ShaunieRal, on Flickr

SSC_0912 by ShaunieRal, on Flickr

Incase you haven't realised yet they are my original ones, Faulty P/N and all, To say Im annoyed is an understatement, For such an apparent professional organisation this is unacceptable, Unless they have strip them down and rebuilt them with stronger internals that is
, If I were some person who hadn't a clue about cars I would have never had known, Im going in tomorrow when I finish work and I won't be leaving until my car is sorted.

So before I go in and make a fool of myself have I missed something? I cant understand why they didn't just change them.

Why the hell would they do that it costs them nothing, we have had a few in for check and cust has to return to get coils fitted as were not carrying every coil in stock but either way thats bad form
if you wna pm me your chassis and part no of all coils and ill double check your due coils

·
Registered
546 Posts
Had mine down in Connolly's VW Sligo yesterday for this recall. Didn't check the part numbers yet but will now!!
They took the car in for an hour even though I explained I was in a rush back to work. Total joke for a ten minute max job!!
What made it worse is some mechanic/apprentice decided to take it for a test drive/rag down the road afterwards

·
Registered
129 Posts
As far as I can rember, the recall is to check the part number on the coils and only a certian part number must be replaced. But I cant rember what that number is. Mabey leave it for a day untill I can check the correct number.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i bought a golf off them before and had the same problem with them pretending to fix the car and giving it back untoched even tho they kept the car for a whole day one time... extremley annoying!!! what was the recall on anyway?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Timmy, Yes they are apparently due, they fall into the caterogy needing to be changed according to this link here
Click type in AUM and it should bring you to the relevant section, even the bloke on the phone said I was due one. All 4 coils are 06B 905 115L, one letter away from safety

@James I would have pulled him out and bet him. Simple as.

·
Registered
437 Posts
QUOTE (mkIVmad @ Apr 12 2011, 10:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>my car is AUQ i think...180bhp gti. are they on a recall or is it just AUM?

I got a letter for my AUQ from VW off the prrevious owner the other day.
Must check the part no.s against the link above and see if their due a change.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have dealt with this garage for years and have always found them great. Shocked to see this. Talk to Dan in service and tell him you are letting his customers know.....

·
&#39;Black Balled&#39; member
5,500 Posts
Its the african womans fault; she put a vodoo curse on you; dont mention this if you go back to complain; vodoo curses invalidate warrenties - saw that on some consumer programme or other...

·
450 Posts
QUOTE (BLZEEDUB @ Apr 12 2011, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its the african womans fault; she put a vodoo curse on you; dont mention this if you go back to complain; vodoo curses invalidate warrenties - saw that on some consumer programme or other...

He's right Shaunie

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (BLZEEDUB @ Apr 12 2011, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its the african womans fault; she put a vodoo curse on you; dont mention this if you go back to complain; vodoo curses invalidate warrenties - saw that on some consumer programme or other...
That is sig material Kev.

Seriously though she was mad, There was a couple of lads painting the walls outside the pitch and they were in stitches, which see did not like, wonder how they faired out

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.