Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car died on the missis this morning on her way to work. No limp mode,no warning just flat out in 6th and then nothing,ECU just took a dump. Cut a long story short it's dropped an injector
Had a couple of quotes from dealers and it looks like around 700/800 Euro just for a single injector. Faulty injector will also have dumped a load of crap into the DPF as well so by the time an injector is sourced,dpf removed and sensors mapped out it's gonna be a pricey job

Can't see the me+VRS marriage lasting too long at this rate....

Oh yeah and anybody know of anywhere else I could look for an injector?

·
Formally the tongue twister KEV GTI TDI 150
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (endakillian @ Apr 4 2011, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Car died on the missis this morning on her way to work. No limp mode,no warning just flat out in 6th and then nothing,ECU just took a dump. Cut a long story short it's dropped an injector
Had a couple of quotes from dealers and it looks like around 700/800 Euro just for a single injector. Faulty injector will also have dumped a load of crap into the DPF as well so by the time an injector is sourced,dpf removed and sensors mapped out it's gonna be a pricey job

Can't see the me+VRS marriage lasting too long at this rate....

Oh yeah and anybody know of anywhere else I could look for an injector?
Thats shit man, been there before, you can pickup cheaper injectors in Poland if you can translate the polish websites and wait a bit longer for your injector to arrive!

·
John - Friends with girls who live on Draycott rd&
3,429 Posts
sugar, hate to hear those horror stories.

Any sign of this going to happen prior to it happening?

·
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (draycottgirlz @ Apr 4 2011, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>sugar, hate to hear those horror stories.

Any sign of this going to happen prior to it happening?
No car just cuts out, you would pick it up if you happened to be doing a VCDS scan and the fault hapened to be showing!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I know your pain too. Hence not owning the car anymore. What mileage? If you are lucky to find a second hand set you might get them at £150 a piece. Other than that, if you have to buy from a dealer go up north. They are slightly cheaper. Plus you can get some money back if you send them on the busted one.
It's going to start getting expensive cause they all will follow suit!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Oh, and if the dpf starts causing hassle, get the dpf delete done.
Had this done shortly after the injector problems. Very noticeable difference even going from ~205 bhp!!! Pity I only had 4 hours to drive it before I sold it!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep the dpf delete is definately being done. The exhaust has actually been taken off already today while I'm waiting for injector. It would definately make sense to replace all 4 injectors but it'll depend on what prices i can get. 4 from a dealer just isn't gonna happen anyway. Was talkin to Joepower today and he said he's often seen full sets on ebay for 2-300 quid. Typical-none to be found on it at the minute!

Re:the remap kev-does the extra power automatically come with the dpf delete software or would it be extra money to get few more horsies out of it while it is being done?

·
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (endakillian @ Apr 4 2011, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep the dpf delete is definately being done. The exhaust has actually been taken off already today while I'm waiting for injector. It would definately make sense to replace all 4 injectors but it'll depend on what prices i can get. 4 from a dealer just isn't gonna happen anyway. Was talkin to Joepower today and he said he's often seen full sets on ebay for 2-300 quid. Typical-none to be found on it at the minute!

Re:the remap kev-does the extra power automatically come with the dpf delete software or would it be extra money to get few more horsies out of it while it is being done?
No the DPF delete software just programmes the car to operate without the DPF, after that the car is mapped using the usual mapping gear, I'm sure Joe will look after you and probably give you some sort of package for both!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure he would but it's not in Joe's. The lads are very capable from what i hear where it is so ill just see how it goes. Gettin it going at all will be my first priority!
Ebay poland,germay,england,belgium and france and not a sign of an injector!

·
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (endakillian @ Apr 4 2011, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm sure he would but it's not in Joe's. The lads are very capable from what i hear where it is so ill just see how it goes. Gettin it going at all will be my first priority!
Ebay poland,germay,england,belgium and france and not a sign of an injector!

Did you search/google search by part number?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Theres a crowd in Cashel, Diesel injection services, 062 61670, they can rebuild them.
Ive had a few done for mondeo's and vectra's and an a6 with them.
Works out at about 150 each including if they have to be coded.

Have found on the mondeo's that a second injector usually takes a dump after a few weeks of replacing one.

Hope this helps

·
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (SO SLOW @ Apr 4 2011, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Theres a crowd in Cashel, Diesel injection services, 062 61670, they can rebuild them.
Ive had a few done for mondeo's and vectra's and an a6 with them.
Works out at about 150 each including if they have to be coded.

Have found on the mondeo's that a second injector usually takes a dump after a few weeks of replacing one.

Hope this helps
These Seimens PD170 injectors seem to be more complicated than other injectors hence the crazy price of them. If they can do them great but I would be surprised if they could.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just found a guy on Ebay selling reconditioned ones? Wonder how successful that is? He's still looking for £230 for one! Other than that i think i've drawn a blank online. Gonna start making some phonecalls in the morning and see what turns up.
Yep-this whole 'second injector going weeks after the first one' scenario seems to very common by all accounts and is a very daunting thought at this stage TBH! Never so totally and utterly fed up with a motor in all my life...

·
VAGittarian
419 Posts
Bugger.
Is it worth an email to VW asking for a contribution seeing it's a common problem? What miles are on the car?

Could find one being broken in a UK breakers, or try Traynors up north?

Edit: found these, not sure if they're off a 170, but some price!

http://www.tdisport.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=304

·
VAGittarian
419 Posts
QUOTE (Declan @ Apr 5 2011, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh FFS!
:blush: sorry, I just googled it-twat, me

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wonder has he still got them!?
Appreciate you're effort though Skodaphile!

I must have every VAG parts supplier and dealer rang in Ireland and England this morning! Prices ranging from 600 Euro + VAT to £720 + VAT!

Anyone know anything more about the reconditioning of these? Rang that crowd in Cashel and they said nothing can be done with these Siemans injectors but all dealers only operate on an exchange basis. Why would they want the old one back if nothing can be done with them? And as above in an earlier post i found a guy selling reconditioned ones on Ebay!?
Either way fitting a reconditioned one is asking for more trouble i suppose really?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.