Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 530 Posts

·
harasio
719 Posts
Hello evreybody couldn't find a nice vento so i will built it myself thinking about doing Vento coupe
but im not sure yet. Got nice Vento 1.4 and Golf GTI 2.0 8v will do Vento from this two cars.
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

·
Turbo'd
2,171 Posts
QUOTE (Ray @ Jan 7 2010, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice colour vento
Get an ABF for the conversion while you're at it

or get a VR6 and build yourself a fast car. 2.0 8v would be a waste of time imo. The crap'est 'Performance' engine VW ever made

·
Turbo&#39;d
2,171 Posts
QUOTE (Ray @ Jan 7 2010, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yea but no point in building what you can buy
ABF will be just as quick as a 2.8 anyway
Just without the soundtrack

I didnt think you could buy a Vento VR6 coupe... An ABF is not as quick as a VR6. where did you hear that??

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
MK3 GTi looks tidy. What will you do with it after you pull engine out?

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Jan 7 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I didnt think you could buy a Vento VR6 coupe... An ABF is not as quick as a VR6. where did you hear that??

No such thing as a Vento Coupe, unless its been custom built, with golf 3dr rear panels and doors on a vento, biggest issue is the back windows..

And an a ABF can be just as powerful as a vr6..

·
Turbo&#39;d
2,171 Posts
QUOTE (Ray @ Jan 7 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yea there's one in Park Motors at the min. Didnt hear it at all Kev!

Whats in Park Motors, a Vento Coupe?? In standard form I would go with a VR6 and then if you wanted to upgrade the sky is the limit.

VR6 vs ABF seems like a no brainer to me

·
Turbo&#39;d
2,171 Posts
QUOTE (Ray @ Jan 7 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yea there's one in Park Motors at the min. Didnt hear it at all Kev!

Whats in Park Motors, a Vento Coupe?? In standard form I would go with a VR6 and then if you wanted to upgrade the sky is the limit.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
sounds cool
what ya doing with the golf after???

using the glass and pannels i suppose?

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Jan 7 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whats in Park Motors, a Vento Coupe?? In standard form I would go with a VR6 and then if you wanted to upgrade the sky is the limit.

Ask John how he got on with his VR against a mk2 ABF , the results were very surprising

·
Turbo&#39;d
2,171 Posts
QUOTE (Ray @ Jan 7 2010, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ask John how he got on with his VR against a mk2 ABF , the results were very surprising

I thought we were talking about a Vento here not an ABF'd mk2. Mk2 Golf or Jetta powered by an ABF is a great combo.

Anyway, back on topic
dont use the 8V

·
harasio
719 Posts
I was watching VR6 golf mk3 before but was too expensive for me and too nice to take the engine out
Golf will be for sale well or parts from the golf.I can sale front and rear lights and rear bumper from GTI allready if somebody wants.
Coming back to project things going forward. Here are some pictures
Car Vehicle Hood Steering part Motor vehicle

Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Bumper Composite material

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
QUOTE (Ray @ Jan 7 2010, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ask John how he got on with his VR against a mk2 ABF , the results were very surprising

Ah no i wouldn't say that, but it was interesting to see how well the two cars pull themselves along..

Yeah, mk2 ABF kevin, its a revvy engine compared to the Vr6, suits the mk2 very well.

Sorry for the off topic, best of luck in your endavours lad.

1 - 20 of 530 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.