Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 vento 1.4 and when driving the car the engine stalls. Iv tried a fuel pump,trottle body,coil,lamda probe and fitted a new fuel filter but to no avail(all second hand apart from the filter). The fuel pump made a differance for a week or two but now the problem is back. Any idea's?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry lads couldnt get to a pc this week.the car cuts out when driving and seems to be worse when warm.when idle the revs are going up and down between 700 and 1000 revs.the engine seems restricted eg;no power. thanks for the replys

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (johnny99 @ Mar 25 2006, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When it stops does it start straight away, or is it difficult to start. What is it like to start when cold.

John

it starts straight away most times.the odd time i have to turn it a few times before it will go but in the morning it starts first time

·
Registered
875 Posts
Lambda sensor will not do that, and you should never fit a second hand one in my opinion. It sounds like an electrical fault and my be hard to find. Check all the connection you can find, such as the dirtributer etc.

John

·
Registered
381 Posts
If it was OK for a week when new fuel filter and pump were fitted could it be there is a lot of dirt in the tank? Do you have the old filter to open up and see?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Same thing happened to my vento..... just cuts out....rev dial just drops! I felt it was something electrical, but sold the car before it annoyed me too much......
It was written off less than a week later...

(this doesn't help you in the slightest, does it........)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts