Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lads,

Any recommendations for a VAG saloon with poke and some street cred. This lad needs a family car but wont buy a Skoda or Seat. Has to be a VW or Audi, age not really important but running costs need to be reasonable. ie no 3.0 yokes!!

What would make a nice machine for this fella?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
What about a A4 1.9TDI 130BHP or a Passat Highline PD130?

How much does he want to spend?

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (PD150 @ Apr 3 2006, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What about a A4 1.9TDI 130BHP or a Passat Highline PD130?

How much does he want to spend?

TDI is out. Petrol with a Turbo. Budget of about 30K

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (Trevor @ Apr 3 2006, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>TDI is out. Petrol with a Turbo. Budget of about 30K

A4 1.8T sure those exhaust pipes either side is as much street cred your gonna get

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suggested the same. They are a heavy car. The 163 feels a bit dead in the A4 though, 190 is a bit better. He could always remap it. Any other suggestions?

·
Kevin
2,344 Posts
QUOTE (Trevor @ Apr 3 2006, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lads,

Any recommendations for a VAG saloon with poke and some street cred.

I was looking for the same answer here-->:clicky

an A4 1.8T Quattro would be as close as you can get from vag...

an Evo FQ300, a pair of sunglasses and a fake moustache would be the way to go

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
if its going to VAG then he should look at the advant's. bit different and loads of street cred.

does it have to be VAG or is that your take on his new car?

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (cian @ Apr 4 2006, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if its going to VAG then he should look at the advant's. bit different and loads of street cred.

does it have to be VAG or is that your take on his new car?

He mentioned VW or Audi. I dont think he wants mental quick like an RS4/EVO but something with smooth power and good handling.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Is the new Jetta available in this country with the TFSI engine? tis in the UK I think and is a useful 2K cheaper than the GTI which would make it around 32Kish in this country
nice quick understated saloon

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Dave Red @ Apr 4 2006, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is the new Jetta available in this country with the TFSI engine? tis in the UK I think and is a useful 2K cheaper than the GTI which would make it around 32Kish in this country
nice quick understated saloon

No only a 1.6 or TDI available. I would be worried about resale on one of those too? What do ye think??

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
I think that's Gorgeous looking! Looks like a GTI with a Boot

It's more than likely a GLI in the States, hence the good spec

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
that new jetta looks very cool would it be available in 3door or would that just be a golf??

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (Dr. Octavia @ Apr 4 2006, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm surprised he found this 'a bit dead'. It will remap easily and with the quattro it will be good for wet weather and take nearly anything off the line.

I was just talking with him. A remapped 1.8T would be fine he said. Were there many quattros sold in this country i wonder or is the UK the place to go?

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
QUOTE (Tony D @ Apr 4 2006, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think that's Gorgeous looking! Looks like a GTI with a Boot

It's more than likely a GLI in the States, hence the good spec

Settle down there Tony

How about a 1.8T Bora? Or is he buying new?

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Newish. He wants something that looks well in the carpark. No offence to Bora drivers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a friend thinking of changing his cars. It's a 02 A4 2.5 V6 TDI Quattro Sport with a full quattro kit supplied and fitted by Isac Agnew in Belfast. It has the usual heated leather, climate, traction etc, and more importantly a remap by turbotech in bray. This is one seriously quick car, I can't even get near it in my remapped p130!!!

·
www.autostadt.ie
9,390 Posts
If he won't go down the TDI root I would defo go for the 1.8T A4 Quattro with a map.
One of the guys in and IT company that does some work for us got his mapped and it's a flier now !
Have never driven a 1.8T Passat...but the pro's would be a bigger car with more boot and leg room than the A4

Also if it's an option go to the UK for one.....better spec/options available

1 - 20 of 49 Posts