Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly mark_eire
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at getting a US spec front and rear for the Gti,
Came across this rub strip that will supposedly work with some modification??
Anybody any advice or experience of these?

http://www.eurowagens.com/en/vw/golf-4-bor...k4-genuine.html

Hopefully that will do the trick at the front so I can concentrate on finding a rear bumper.....
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
What you need :

U.S. Front rub strip 1J0807719hGRU

U.S. Front bumper 1J0807217DGRU

U.S. Rear bumper 1J6807421EGRU

Side markers for molding 1JM945071 and 1JM945072

2 x Side marker looms 8D0971273

alan

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I got a us spec front rubstrip a while back to play around with, not even close to direct fit to my bumper, you would need to take a good inch or more out of each side to make the same shape as standard and after that I couldn't seem to get the clips to line up any way half decent, looked like you would have to cut all the clips off the rubstrip and just bond it in place if you were going to use the whole strip for the sidemarkers aswell.
In the end I couldn't decide what I would do my numberplate afterwards and its still chopped up in the garage

Also the genuine VW sidemarkers I got were very orange but not sure if they were the same part no as the one's above
I ended up buying a set of smoked ones like at the bottom of the page in that eurowagens link.

Here's some pics I had saved first two are from this build thread

My VW one's VS Ebay jobbies

·
Registered
249 Posts
Ive see one of the eurowagens one and it wasnt a very good fit at all plus there ony 40 odd pounds from the dealer. To get the above fited my mate cut an inch out each side the cut holes on the bumper so the new strip would fit. If you cut the ones off the strip it will not fit rite.. Ive since sold that strip and bought the full front end it comes in rounf the £300 mark for the whole thing but you'll then need to get a valance that fit the US bumper (see the last pic on the build thread)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.