Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for a ballpark figure if anyone has upgraded, thinking of changing my order and adding 18"s.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
QUOTE (mrbungle @ Mar 3 2006, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just looking for a ballpark figure if anyone has upgraded, thinking of changing my order and adding 18"s.

Thanks.

About 8-900 euro I believe.

·
Formerly SteelGTI
744 Posts
Yeah, Its €815.
I should have upgraded

Ask the rep is there any chance of 2 sets

·
Registered
126 Posts
If I was in a position to be ordering a Mk V GTI I would definately go for the 18s for the sake of 800 euro or so!!! They really make the car stand out!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
QUOTE (Kamikaze @ Mar 3 2006, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If I was in a position to be ordering a Mk V GTI I would definately go for the 18s for the sake of 800 euro or so!!! They really make the car stand out!!

I struggled over this when ordering mine, read loads of reviews and settled for the 17s, I love the look of the 18s but in the end went for comfort over looks, practical I know, but this will be the family bus

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just more thing to add the 18's can be refurbished. So if you do mark them by some means you are fooked unless you want to repair them and finish them in a different colour (eg: anthracite).
I think €800 is a lot to change from 17's to 18's when you are ordering. I ordered the 18's on the basis that you can easily pick up a set of 17's with delivery miles in the UK for about €750. And then you can easily sell your 18's as there is a lot of people in the UK looking for them on mainy of the MKV forums.

I only have my car a day now and find the ride is a little harder then I remember. I can't make any real judgements yet as everything needs to settle down before I can honestly give a real judgement , but so far I'm happy with them and they look perfect on the car - I have a United Grey ( aka Steel Grey)

JD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts