Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Declan
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right ye'll probably be getting annoyed by all my threads about stuff regarding the NCT and car modification but just want to double check on this one as I want it to remain road legal.

Looking into converting the top of the turrets on the Corrado so I can run adjustable camber topmounts.

No. 6 on this for the NCT would suggest it wouldn't be allowed, but i'm just looking for your opinions.

Item 42: chassis/underbody

Reasons for refusal:

(1) a weld is breaking away.

(2) the chassis/underbody is cracked or insecure or pronounced misalignment is present.

(3) loose rivets or bolts are lose or chassis members are bent.

(4) the chassis/underbody is considerably weakened by holes.

(5) advanced corrosion or other equivalent damage is present.

(6) repairs or modifications are obviously not in line with manufacturer's recommendations.

These are the topmounts in question I hope to run:

What do ye think yerselves?

These are the other alternative, but work out a lot more expensive at 360$ before shipping.

·
Plane
3,414 Posts
I've a set of the ground control ones. They dont need any welding, there is a plate goes into the turret that the top piece bolts to, this will be loosened if adjusting castor. But for camber it's only the 4 centre bolts. 4 small holes get drilled in the turret top, that's it.

Euro sport ones are height adjustable too, you can stack the plates you see loose in the pic. But as far as i'm aware a good bit of cutting is needed.

·
Declan
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Plane @ Apr 29 2011, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Euro sport ones are height adjustable too, you can stack the plates you see loose in the pic. But as far as i'm aware a good bit of cutting is needed.

Yeah they are the one's i'm looking into, what I want to know though is would the cutting to the turrets in order to fit them go against rule no. 6 in my first post?

How do you find your topmounts? Good quality? Easy adjustability? Any problems with them?

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
I have the adjustable top mounts off Murrs old car on my Bora, no welding or drilling required but they're completely different to the earlier top mounts. They're Eibach ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.