Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As ye may have read, my golf was over fueling and wasn't starting. It's now running, but is still over fueling. Does anyone know of a place in the Cork area that would tune the engine and have her running puuurrrfectly!

Thanks,

Alan

·
Registered
229 Posts
Have you tried Autowerks in Midleton?

**** knows his way round Golfs and should sort you out.

They are just past kearys on the way in to Midleton on the left, at the end of that road.

James

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
do u have the white golf back again alan? or am i talking to the right guy? still see the mr2 outside the H block

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Try swapping in a different ECU, probably will fix it unless it has something to do with fuel pump/fuel rail.
To check the fuel pump just unplug the fuel line and turn the igntion half way, if theres petrol spilling everywhere it aint under fueling.

I cant really talk though, my 8v has never idled properly and shes almost 100% new parts everywhere in the bay!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I brought it to my mechanic and thats what he told me. I'm taking his word!

Ya, I might bring her down to AutoWerks so, or else I have someone else in mind, though he doesn't know it yet

@Oisin: Ya, I had there the other day. I never sold her on, she's just sitting in my garage at home. The MR2 has the engine out and was gonna drive the golf while I'm sorting the MR2, but it's too troublesome, so I'm driving the huge 4.2 VX Landcruiser!

In traffic it's very spluttery and wants to just cut out on me, so I have to kinda keep it reving a small bit. And when I jump into it first thing in the mornings, or after college to go home, she takes a few goes to get going. It's grand while driving on most of the time. The odd time if I put the foot down she'll become jumpy.

Alan

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got her booked in with Eoin at the w/e? If he can't fix it, I don't know who can

Thanks for the help lads, I'll be on to ya Osisin if I don't get it sorted

Nice one lads,

Alan

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big thanks to Eoin for coming to have a look at it. It's runing perfectly now. New set of leads, distributer cap and rotor quickly sorted everything.

Thanks again Eoin!

Alan

·
Registered
454 Posts
QUOTE (Spillane @ Mar 25 2006, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Big thanks to Eoin for coming to have a look at it. It's runing perfectly now. New set of leads, distributer cap and rotor quickly sorted everything.

Thanks again Eoin!

Alan

No problem Alan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts