Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good way of repairing the black trim foil around the window edge of the boot lid on a MkII GTI ? The price of a replacement would give you a heart attack!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Its a sticker so is not going to be easy to fix if even possible. What price are they new now?? Have replaced it twice on my mk2 I think at this stage, Was about €60/70 from VW but didnt think it was available any more.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Must have gone up a fair bit. If I was getting any paint work done to the car I would still be replacing it even at that price as I cant see a repair job working out at all on it. Where did you get that price from. Is it defo the right part they are quoting you for.

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
Did you ever see the spray on type? If i'm not mistaken it's what's on PD150's Mk1 and is a quality job.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nah, never noticed it. In fairness, depending on the colour of the car they can sometimes look better without the rear strip. Because of the colour of mine, I thought it looked better with it thats why I refitted it.

·
Skoda - Simply Clever
1,239 Posts
I've none on mine, I think it suits the Tornado Red without it. Spoiler was sprayed red too.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
@fendervg, did you try anywhere that sells Vynal to sign makers
they can have all kinds of textured vynal

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the best way (and muuuch cheaper),is to spray it on,ive done a few now,satin matt black 2 pack paint is the same texture as the vinyl...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey i got a replacement one for around 25/30 sterling VW dont make them any more but my local VW garage gave me a print out of garages in the uk who had them on the shelf.I rang one garage in England to confirm they had it then sent a cheque.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts