Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
paul mc
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right lads im passin on my golf mk5 105 tdi. Only thing is it is remapped and lowered 30mm on 18" wheels. What ye think should I leave as is or change it back to standard. The car and wheels are 100% and scrubs up pretty well. Any opinions? Trading it against a 2010 focus zetec. I know I know
Dont worry my jetta mk2 will be on the road for the summer. Im still a vagdriver at heart

·
Formally the tongue twister KEV GTI TDI 150
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (mcfanta @ Apr 7 2011, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right lads im passin on my golf mk5 105 tdi. Only thing is it is remapped and lowered 30mm on 18" wheels. What ye think should I leave as is or change it back to standard. The car and wheels are 100% and scrubs up pretty well. Any opinions? Trading it against a 2010 focus zetec. I know I know
Dont worry my jetta mk2 will be on the road for the summer. Im still a vagdriver at heart
What I have noticed over the years if you try to trade something most garages will just see a car, i.e a Golf in your case. It makes no difference what wheels are on it, how low it is or whether it has a remap or not(unless you go telling them). Provided the car is reasonable clean they will simply just look at the car, and give you whatever they thank is the value of 20XX MK5 Golf with XXXXX miles is as a trade in!

·
paul mc
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (KevC @ Apr 7 2011, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What I have noticed over the years if you try to trade something most garages will just see a car, i.e a Golf in your case. It makes no difference what wheels are on it, how low it is or whether it has a remap or not(unless you go telling them). Provided the car is reasonable clean they will simply just look at the car, and give you whatever they thank is the value of 20XX MK5 Golf with XXXXX miles is as a trade in!
Right right. Yea its 06 and tight as a nuns ...... Few stone chips but nothing major. Good clean car in fairness just need a change. I was only worried bout there view of an engine remap but ill let em figure that out themselves haha. If they say she is fast ill just say 'is it' lol

·
Formally the tongue twister KEV GTI TDI 150
2,789 Posts
QUOTE (mcfanta @ Apr 7 2011, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right right. Yea its 06 and tight as a nuns ...... Few stone chips but nothing major. Good clean car in fairness just need a change. I was only worried bout there view of an engine remap but ill let em figure that out themselves haha. If they say she is fast ill just say 'is it' lol
Its very easy to put the stock map back on, doubt there'd be much of a charge either if any!

·
paul mc
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (KevC @ Apr 7 2011, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its very easy to put the stock map back on, doubt there'd be much of a charge either if any!
True point. I rang the dude that did it 2yrs ago and he said he would do it no prob but his going on holidays for a week tomorrow. But he reckons sell it as is. Now this fella is in his 50's so id listen to his point. As he said if it is running right with no probs why change it. Who ever buys it next will have plenty power and good mpg return

·
paul mc
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In order to get remap removed do I have to take it to the fella who installed it. Why I ask is the fella who installed it is gone on holidays for a week and i was eager to get it removed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.