Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
QUOTE (james_r32 @ Apr 29 2011, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This crowd is fairly good, have got reasonable quotes from them before.

http://www.powerinsurances.ie/

Im with this crowd for last 7 years. The policy is fully comp with Allianz. Restrictions are based on my licence so nothing over 3.5 ton also
nothing over a value of 125,000 Euro is covered (R8 just sneaks under, lol) . But im covered for unlimited cc and im covered if the car is modified
so a g60 in a mk1 no problem, r32 in a mk2 no problem etc etc oh ya no restriction on holidays or certin times of the day.

Only issue I have is that last year it went up in price even without any claim!!!!

·
Hit by a bus.........Nuf said.
1,403 Posts
Im insured with John aswell, couldn't chat to a nicer fella he does all the quotes himself so it could be a day or 2 before you get a quote but deffo the best around imo.

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
What's the ballpark cost for these policies?

Is there any restrictions like do cars have to be in other peoples name?

Is there ncb like standard policy? Would you have to start from scratch if you got a new policy or would you get credit for existing?

I'm just thinking would it be better deal than a private policy combined with a classic policy for people with a couple of cars.

·
Registered
83 Posts
QUOTE (Mike @ Apr 30 2011, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1. What's the ballpark cost for these policies?

2. Is there any restrictions like do cars have to be in other peoples name?

3. Is there ncb like standard policy? Would you have to start from scratch if you got a new policy or would you get credit for existing?

4. I'm just thinking would it be better deal than a private policy combined with a classic policy for people with a couple of cars.
1.im on about 1600 but i have bikes on that too. full comp on all vehicles under 3.5 tonnes.

most people i know are using cullen o reilly

2. car has to be in your own name. your insuring yourself when you sit into anything. excludes immediate family. ie. brothers and sisters,ma n da. unless your fixing it. but not for tipping around in.

3. start from scratch and will be circa 1500 for a few years before it drops....i.e. 4+ years

4. thats why i have it and also for work, all new audi's, mercs ect. didnt like the new rs5. way too quiet and reserved

·
Registered
365 Posts
With my policy with Power Insurance:

1. Costs 1200 euro this year

2. Cars do not have to be in your name

3. NO NCB, but as the broker says himself its such a calculated area that a full NCB can only bring a private policy down
so far and no more. So for ME the private policy plus a classic policy doesnt make sense.

4. No restrictions on time/day of use

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.