Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Can anyone help me to identify my golf please.
It's a 91 1.6 petrol without power steering. Twin headlight model with a sunroof.
It's badged as golf only.
I don't want to be ordering incorrect parts and stuff for it so i'd like to know the exact model. Can anyone help?
I'm also looking for a nice (reasonably priced) set of alloys for it and also info on lowered shocks / good cheapish engine mods / recommended air filters, plugs etc.

Sorry about the newbie questions, I didn't intend to be asking them but i wrapped my 68 black bug at the weekend and had to get a runaround.

Thanks in advance for all info...
Mark

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bug.

I'm not sure what model golf that would be but once you know it's 1.6 petrol you can't go too far wrong.

I don't think there is very much you can do to the engine on the cheap to make it faster, only things you could do really would be change carb, cam, exhaust etc and you are looking at spending money that the car doesn't justify going down that route.

For lowering springs depends on how low you want to go, any suspension that will fit the mk2 GTIs will work ok, if you didn't want to spend much or go too low you could just fit GTI suspension, 8v GTI suspension uses standard shocks with lower springs, 16v suspension is lower than 8v and uses different shocks and springs.

For alloys again if I were you I'd be looking at getting something that came on GTIs originally. I think modern wheels look crap on an old car like a mk2. Keep an eye out for a set of GTI bbs or something. Even 14 or 15 inch steels would look good.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bug's in bits. I'm totally gutted. I'll post some pics from home tomorrow. I ploughed a stone pillar, only doing about 15mph but.......

The golf's really clean though and i picked it up cheap.

·
vw queen
757 Posts
Probably a "Ryder" does it have standard looking interior with a height adjustable drivers seat?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts