Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
back to 80s
1,822 Posts
Hi lads ,

I have a set of fake splits which have aluminium bolts in them going thru , theres no way they can be just undone, the heads just keep on snaping off

I read on the web that these bolts are not threaded and can be punched out , so I said I give it a go . I managed to get 12 out but there is 108 left to go
and my steel bit I use keeps on bending ...... The bolts are approx 6mm and my metal bit was grinded down at the end to work with them .... but its useless now and I have no ideas what else could I use . Tried screwdrivers, big nails etc but there are too weak.

So far the best removal tools

Few "bolts" out

my lips and faces after some 400grit

After the wheels get polished up I want to thread the holes and bolt in some real stainless steel bolts

Any tips on what tools to use or technique very appreciated ,ah I dont want to drill them out !

·
back to 80s
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (ShaunieVW @ Apr 14 2011, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pin punch Kamil! If one fits that is,

oh , never knew such a tool existed
thanks Shaun , I am gonna go to my local tool place tomorrow so , hopefuly there open after 5 , I will take one of the "bolts" with me ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.