Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
swapped my volf for a clean 6N yesterday evening, so here it is.plans are to clean it up and add a few small bits in due time along with NCT and then its going to the best offer.
was standard enough where i got it bar clear front indicators and a debadged grille included in the sale.
went out and bought a dent-free wing today for cheap as chips, 6n2 all red rears, clear wind indicators and gave it a good aul clean

before pics:

After pics, with half a days' compounding, polishing, waxing, and fitting and wiring in the 6N2 rears:

I put on the debadged grille earlier on too to see whaqt it looked like, and freakily the standard VW grille looks better with the front lights :0
only other plans are to spray the wing i got today, spray the steels black and paint the VW on the centrecaps possibly red, lower it AND nct it, then its ready for a new home

opinions appreciated on wether or not to lightly tint the rear 3 windows????

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if a car is a good base, like the polo i go a bit mad cleaning and polishing lol.the paint was good to start with so i just HAD to spend a few hours compounding and polishing it

and went into the scrapyard to look for a black wing, ended up with the rear lights and clear wing indi's instead lol.now gotta get the new wing i got somewhere else painted next week and nct it, lower it, done

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
QUOTE (Steelballz @ Apr 23 2011, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>.now gotta get the new wing i got somewhere else painted next week and nct it, lower it, done

your forgetting the crucial ingredient!!!

Wheels!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i've thought about wheels but my mate has a 6n which had awful rubbing probs with coils and 15's so I decided to spray the steels black with the VW in red on the centrecaps, the steering is lovely and light with the steels too compared to alloys

btw opinions on tinting the rear 3 windows???

·
16v FTW
1,232 Posts
Its definitely worth lowering the car on wheels ask anybody on here

And no I wouldn't be gone the window tints.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
QUOTE (Steelballz @ Apr 24 2011, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i've thought about wheels but my mate has a 6n which had awful rubbing probs with coils and 15's so I decided to spray the steels black with the VW in red on the centrecaps, the steering is lovely and light with the steels too compared to alloys

btw opinions on tinting the rear 3 windows???
No on the tints but if you do your research on the wheels, you shouldnt have too much rubbing!
Bit of strech and camber goes a long way!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the input of idea's, but I just want the polo to look well enough and have NCT, then its getting sold, it was never intended to be a keeper.

ok the final plans are spray the steels black along with the centrecaps and have the VW on the centrecaps in red, lower it on springs, seat arosa cupholders around the gearknob and if I have enough spare money to but a roll of window tint that'll be done then too.the idea works in my head as a pretty murdered out polo, was thinking of splitting the heads and painting them black but then the clear side indicators on the front wouldn't work as well...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its a 1L man...

went about the service today....talk about a cursed car trying to piss me off and make me set it on fire!!!

the airfilter was the only normal enough bit to change, bar the o-ring missing off the bottom of the airfilter box so it was always sucking in air past the airfilter, and the oil vapour pipe not connected...

the oilfilter point blank refuses to move, there is (well was) a 27mm hex head on the oil filter that sheared off trying to loosen it...so got a little pissed off, then went for the tried-and-tested approach from my experience with japs of sticking a screwdriver through it to take it off then...nope, still doesnt want to move.this is the most annoying oil filter I have ever come across in my entire lifetime of being around cars.the screwdriver couldn't even budge it, after the thread being DOUSED in WD40 and freezing-spray to try loosen it a tiny touch...will try again tomorrow

the worst bit was the sparkplugs...where I got the car i knew i heard it running on 3 cylinders, so thought HT leads, dizzy cap or the likes...by no means did I think that where I'd start taking the plugs out that the first one I go near (started at the cambelt side, worked my way across) was just hanging in place, the fucking thread was completely broke off the plug, good long while will be spent at it tomorrow to extract the thread/tip of the plug.

where I got the car I thought well maybe the guy is right it does need a proper service, but I didnt think that ANY car could be as fucked up and cursed as this :mad:

even where I started spraying the wing in the garage, a can of oil, for no apparent reason, moved itself off the shelf and covered half of the just-painted wing in oil.this car is cursed

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh trust me i'm going to cool down until tomorrow haha.this is the first car I genuinely thought about harming because it pissed me off so much...a 30min service will turn into a half-a-day service if i'm lucky and quick at getting the half a sparkplug out and the oil filter off lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
QUOTE (matt.finn @ May 8 2011, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Jesus christ i never realised it needed that much of a service
Im very sorry about that and what hardship it caused you

ah sure what harm...it can be fixed but its more of an annoyance than anything lol.least it'll be perfect when its done

QUOTE (marcy @ May 8 2011, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>poor old polo was nearly a victim of domestic violence!

chalk it down marc, the mental picture in my head involved the mallet and the windscreen, and half of the bodypanels...thank god the lawnmower jerrycan was empty, otherwise I wouldnt even have a full car left LMAO

progress since the last day:

these are (were) the old battery connections, changed them today, for a total cost of under a 10r in the motorfactors for the pair

I think its gas the way someone used a hose clamp to hold on the half a battery connection left when new battery terminals are so cheap in a motorfactors lol
just realised the camera took crap pics up close, as said the + had a hoseclamp on it to hold it on, and the - had a self-tapping screw used for the likes of holding down the corrugated metal roofs lol

and changed to the new ones, have to call down to a mate who scraps cars to get myself a bot of thick wire to bridge across the + terminal to the fuseboard thing...

Also, got a replacement wing for a 10r down the road from my house, it got professionally sprayed with the finest of rattle cans, grey primer (3 coats), VW black (4 decent coats), then 1200 wetsanded, buffed with farécla G10, and clearcoat drying atm

below are the pics with the clearcoat, forgot to take inbetween pics or any of the wetsanding/buffing...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
right, service is complete but its still not running right...where I revved it up where I started it up it still splutters and misses, so after a very short bit of that i noticed a glowing red cat.....

so with a probably blocked cat, time to whip that out tomorrow

if its blocked its getting hollowed out to see if it'l finally run right then, or if i have to get someone who has a vagcom to diagnose the sensors for faults with no EML light on....dammit this car is frying my brains, never going VW again methinks hahaha

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.