·
Registered
2,393 Posts
QUOTE (Gaff @ Mar 14 2006, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very nice Gaff, the other 2 boys would want to get theirs now

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Congrats GAFF, I had a look at one in the same colour as yours in Pat Keoghs in ballybrittas & they are one really nice car, You realy do get alot of car for the money

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
look well best of luck with it

·
Registered
304 Posts
Congrats Colm... Best of luck with your new car. It looks great...

Sorry I missed your call earlier...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers guys.

I'm well impressed with it. The engine pulls well from low down and theres a lovely note off it
Over uneven surfaces its a lot smoother, the old one was very harsh, especially on speed ramps, where as this one seems smoother but yet handling isn't compromised. Although I haven't really pushed it on yet with less than 200 km on it.
There seems to be a little excessive road noise, not sure if its due to the 18's or not. Ah well I'll just have to get used to that.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Nice shot of the car there

Is your old Octy the mint 03 black on on JFK rd at the moment

·
mk2vr6 mad&#33;
1,070 Posts
QUOTE (Gaff @ Mar 17 2006, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome shot, especially with mine in the background

QUOTE (PD150 @ Mar 15 2006, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice Gaff, the other 2 boys would want to get theirs now

Eh... no. The boot isn't big enough in the new one.

·
Administrator
7,210 Posts
The RS really needs those 18s. What options didnt you spec on it Gaff? Looks to be fairly loaded as is. Just wondering too about rear mudflaps. Can they be got for the RS or did you just leave them off? I would have done the same. Not really a fan of rear mudflaps on a performance car.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Passat130 @ Mar 17 2006, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1st meet was a golf outing in Clonadalkin then =-P Pity we forgot the clubs

QUOTE (PD150 @ Mar 17 2006, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is your old Octy the mint 03 black on on JFK rd at the moment

Na that ain't mine, that belongs to another guy who also picked up a Blue one the week before. No offence to the owner of the one in JFK, but my old one was an even minter 01
, see http://photobucket.com/albums/f261/GAFFRS/Mk1%20RS/,

taken the day the New Owner received it.

QUOTE (WRC @ Mar 17 2006, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>was this in mondello today? Very nice car best of luck with it
Thats the one alright, you should have given me a shout.

QUOTE (Trevor @ Mar 18 2006, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What options didnt you spec on it Gaff? Looks to be fairly loaded as is. There was a few boxes I didn't tick
, I have all I wanted though. I have Xenons for the first time, wow they are an impressive piece of kit !, they put the full beams to shame

QUOTE (Trevor @ Mar 18 2006, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just wondering too about rear mudflaps. Can they be got for the RS or did you just leave them off? I would have done the same. Not really a fan of rear mudflaps on a performance car.
I was originally told they could be got but when the car was being PDI'ed they tried to fit a set and they wouldn't sit right. They rang Skoda Part and were told that there wasn't mudflaps available for the RS as the bumpers were designed not to require them
, but if they do become available I'll be popping back in
. To be honest if it keeps some of the sh*te from the roads off the back of it then they'll be going on.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Love the colour!
Great value for your money. Good luck with it!

why did you not put it on the track?

I had rear mud flaps on my mk2 for the winter and i found it created a vortex type thing and i ended up with more dirt on the back of the car than without the flaps!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (neil @ Mar 18 2006, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>why did you not put it on the track?

Apart from the fact that theres only less than 400km's on the clock I just don't think I wanna chance bending in ! I know you can take it easy out there but my problem is I reakon I wouldn't

1 - 20 of 22 Posts