Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Tevion Head Unit Into Seat Ibiza

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  danzig 
#1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone advise me on how to get the 12v constant power to the head unit so that it stores my settings?

This is a picture of the connections if anyone can tell me how to make it work that would be great!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, you need to switch the constant live wire (always has power) with the switched live wire (has power when ignition is turned on).

You can buy a loom that does this for you and fits between your headunit and your car radio loom for about 15 europes from the likes of Halfrauds, or you can just cut the two wires in question and swap them over using connectors, like I did, for about 50c.

Unfortunately, I can't remember which two wires you need to swap over....do a search on www.seatcupra.net as there's a guide to fitting aftermarket stereos there somewhere....

#4 ·
QUOTE (Underhauled @ Feb 9 2013, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Red and yellow on the power block. If i were you make up a tool to release the contact from the plug that way there is no ugly chopping.

got it sorted now cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.