Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. We have an issue with the mothers TDI 110 golf 00, The VNT vanes are all clogged up and the car is going into limp mode at about 90mph on our private runway
, Now we have been told that this is a new turbo job, but Im hoping we dont need to go that far, The actuator is moving but very slowly, John at Jomo said it was pretty badly clogged up, What can I do?

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Strip down and clean Shaun.

I had the exact same problem on my PD115. constantly going into limp mode. At the time I didn't know too much about cars and had 2 mechanics look at it. They both suggested a new turbo was the answer.

I did a bit of research on the net and found it was a common problem, so I went at it myself.

All I did was strip down the turbo, cleaned all the vanes until they had full range of motion and put it back together. I didn't have to buy anything.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
its worth trying 10K Boost spray. Make sure you spray after the MAF and not before. I used it on my golf that had been sitting up for a few months and worked a treat. I was getting boost manifold pressure exceeded and then limp mode. I used this once 2 years ago and its been perfect ever since. Plenty of soot blew out of the exhaust when I used it.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...tegoryId_165750

about 30 euros in halfords.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I didnt know 110's had vnt turbo's?! Try the cleaner and go from there, are all the vacuum hoses intact? Boost leak? Rule it all out first i would say.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
QUOTE (ShaunieVW @ Apr 5 2011, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all. We have an issue with the mothers TDI 110 golf 00, The VNT vanes are all clogged up and the car is going into limp mode at about 90mph on our private runway
, Now we have been told that this is a new turbo job, but Im hoping we dont need to go that far, The actuator is moving but very slowly, John at Jomo said it was pretty badly clogged up, What can I do?

Any advice appreciated.

Shaunie , I am down in Jomo's later on to look at Jonathans ALteza touring car . Bring down the car and ill have a look

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
ah cool, well then is it the older mk3 110's that dont have one? The k04 is a bolt on for them afaik?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE ([email protected] @ Apr 5 2011, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Shaunie , I am down in Jomo's later on to look at Jonathans ALteza touring car . Bring down the car and ill have a look

perfect Ill send the auld lad down with it, Thanks Joe.

If its the VNT Ill try those products and if they dont work Ill strip it down and clean it out, What would I use to clean it out once its stripped? Im not sure if its the Vnt vains and actuator or not, Thats what John @JOMO relayed onto me and I trust his judgement to be fair, Just really dont want to go down the new turbo route, Been main like that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.