Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
QUOTE (farley87 @ Apr 5 2011, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>anyone any nice ideas or pics of some tasty sticker bombing on vw's i was going to do a few nice bits to my bora so far im thinking the bottom left corner of the rear window, seen the engine cover done here which looks really well just looking for other ideas

There was a nice clio done with some sticker bombing a good while back in fast car. I know it's not vag, but still some nice ideas, wind deflectors etc. Very tastefully done IMO

http://www.fastcar.co.uk/04570735434407776...nault-clio.html

Thinking of doing a bit of bombing to my golf also

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for that link the sticker bombed wind breakers are a tasty touch i reaaly like them, i def think im going to do the bottom corner of the rear window and some trim inside not sure after that glad to hear your thinking about doing it to, i no its not vag but im not sticking to anyones rules if i like something it will be going on the car

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well i guess its a marmite thing really. Seems to be very popular on jap cars but I'm seeing it more and more on euro style stuff now. Cheap and cheerful but in a good way!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Its not something that can be any sticker it has to be loads of good proper stickers. I did it before on my pulsar on the nismo splitter and i bought 200 stickers on ebay for 20 euro to fill it then got good stickers to put over it again. Looked ok but if i payed money for good stickers i think it would be 10 times better

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
yeah i agree with spending the money to get good stickers ive seen to many bad jobs going around the place, and i agree its more of a jap thing but as said here its getting more common with euro cars i thought this was a cool idea some of you have prob seen this pic already but for those who havent and are thinking in the back of there minds about sticker bombing, i think this picture is a perfect example that a vag car can pull off been sticker bombed. rear view mirror and mk4 dash trim is a nice touch too............

Attachments

·
Resident Trucker
2,195 Posts
I only did my engine cover cause I ran out of paint
Had the Fastcar stickers lying round and Mel gave me some more I like it cause it adds a bit of colour to my bay.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i think its cool when you see bits of the centre consoles done and maybe the fuel cap outside, jap or german i dont think it matters really.

liking the rear view mirror above too.

·
its pronounced Conor D........... Ray&#33;&#33;&#
5,614 Posts
done right looks cool. done wrong looks shite but the same could be said about anything.

wat i hate is wether its sticker bombing or just paintin but lads just do the stickey out bits or easy to take off bits. like the mk4 above with thdoor runners. that looks shite. or wing mirrors, or filler cap. i like the back window thing or it looks best when you go for it with a bit of dedication and do the whole wing.

i remember a lad in uk did the front wing of his mk3 with monopoly money and loads of coats of laquer. looked amazing imo.

when i was runnin the wide steels on my 6n polo the next step was i was gonna laquer torn out strips of beano comics onto the lips. now that would have been cool.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
i agree with you about doing the mirrors and bump strips and all that, what you were thinking about for your wing would of been mental and very outside the box i would of liked to see that... as for the rear window i got the idea from a mk4 on google but i want to have it looking more sticker bombed than just stickers put here and there but this still looks really well

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.