Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this be done, i want to switch my standard turbo from my AGR 90bhp engine to a 110 ahl VNT turbo. is this a big job and what sorta money am i lookin at?? Is it just a straight swap??

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
So you can "Cooooo!"?

Its a fairly involved process. A standard turbo regulates boost using a wastegate, simple.
A VNT uses a series of movable vanes, controlled electrically or by vacuum. It is controlled by the ecu, and doesn't just plug in on a non vnt car.

It would be easier to change the entire engine, wiring and ecu.
I wouldn't bother, for the gains to be had, just buy a different car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
it's a pretty straight forward swap, i've done one onto an agr but using a pd130 turbo not a 110, but its a vnt aswell so the same applies.
you need the following:

turbo and manifold
downpipe
oil lines
pipe from afm to turbo
pipe from turbo to pancake pipe
110 n75 valve

as for controlling the turbo, joe power can re code your ecu to handle vacuum to control the turbo so its no big deal. Parts wise it cost me 180 or so to do, but i got a great deal on the turbo from the scrap yard

i did the swap on mark 1990s mk4 for him, there's pics in his build thread, if ya wanna know more just ask

(this is terry, marks bro)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please help me, i did all the things to go from wg to VNT, but i can’t get the n75 to work, i connected it to the EGR wires, but i don’t know what or how to change the map, can anyoane help?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts