Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chat with the lads in Westward. SPS modules for revo should be released in a few weeks. 330ft lb's torque here we go! (if anyone is looking for a sps2 module for a mkiv I have one. foc...)

Bad news is I heard Shell are pulling out of Ireland. There goes v-Power!!

QUOTE (G.K. @ Feb 9 2006, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>330ft lb's torque here we go!

My mistake... 300ft lb's... Getting carried away

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I heard it's STATOIL that are pulling out.. and V Power is not a higher octane than normal unleaded, Shell just get people to spend more money buying it!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Mark N @ Feb 13 2006, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>V Power is not a higher octane

Seriously?? Thought v-power was a higher octane.. So what's the reason behind it?

Shell only posted profits of around 6/7 milllion last year. They don't see the Irish market as being lucrative enough, especially with the likes of Tesco...

Statoil are Deffo on the way out. But I heard alot of the statoil garages are franchised. It's possible that only garages owned directly by statoil will be pulled...

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Shell announced a few months back that they are pulling out.

V-Power in the UK has a higher octane rating but not here, it just has some additives in it or something, probably just a marketing ploy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's such a scam! I've been filling the car with v-power since I got it... Rip of baxtards...

Is there a company that provides 98 octane?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Not anymore.. not imported into ROI. Pain in the arse, there's times when my car jerks when in stop start traffic and I think it's due to 95 RON.

As far as I know, Shell's 98 is called Optimax anyway.

Statoil bought a lot of their franchise outlets back some years ago, hence so many modern outlets of them - I used to work for them a long time ago.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I thought like most that V-power was just Optimax rebadged, as Shell call their higher octain fuels V-power across europe and Optimax in U.K for some reason. I'm sure I saw 98 ron on the pumps. Maybe just wishful thinking!

p.s sorry to jack your post G.K.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (boydkilsby @ Feb 18 2006, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought like most that V-power was just Optimax rebadged, as Shell call their higher octain fuels V-power across europe and Optimax in U.K for some reason. I'm sure I saw 98 ron on the pumps. Maybe just wishful thinking!

p.s sorry to jack your post G.K.

No Worries @boydkilsby

I tool a look at the Shell site and it's useless... Doesn't tell anything about the RON rating...

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
I think this came up on VAGE a while ago and V-power was 95 or less with a cleaning agent added!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (markmcie @ Feb 21 2006, 10:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some Texaco garages sell 97 RON.

I sent a mail to Texaco asking for a list of service stations that provide 98/97 octane fuel, and this is the reply...

Unfortunately Texaco no longer supplies 98 (or 97) octane to any service
stations in Ireland. We stopped supplying 98 octane about 7 years ago,
and ceased supplying 97 octane last year. This was due to lack of
demand from customers.

Kind Regards,
Area Sales Manager

1 - 13 of 13 Posts