Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok boys and girls, I have a very weird request for ye!
I don't suppose anyone has a lend of a sprinter intercooler?

I've got one on the way from the UK but it's not being sent out until Saturday so I won't get it till Wednesday or Thursday. It's the only thing that is holding me up to actually getting the car going, I've got everything else to get the car running this weekend.

So if someone has one, I can give them back the one I get from the UK or I can return the one that I got of them.
I know it sounds pretty forward, but I'm so close to getting this bloody car on the road once and for all that it's killing me

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty!
2,931 Posts
Patience, Brian, patience! Sure i have driven the limited since around this time last year.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But at least you got a drive Glenn

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Glenn @ Jan 19 2006, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Patience, Brian, patience! Sure i have driven the limited since around this time last year.
You see the problem I have too Glenn is that it has to be out of the mate's garage that it's in cause his old GT Turbo is coming back from the painters. And Paul has all the equipment that we need to finish the car like ramps and welders and so forth....

·
Registered
713 Posts
You wont need a ramp or a welder to fit the sprinter cooler. Is the car running??? If not, Now would be a good time to get it running before you go bolting in the front of the car and all the pipework. You dont need the intercooler in place to get it to fire up either.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
QUOTE (8valver @ Jan 19 2006, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You wont need a ramp or a welder to fit the sprinter cooler. Is the car running??? If not, Now would be a good time to get it running before you go bolting in the front of the car and all the pipework. You dont need the intercooler in place to get it to fire up either.
I still have to get the lambda sensor into the downpipe, there is a bad leak in the gearbox somewhere that I have to get a look at too and I have to weld the sump gaurd mountings into place so the ramps and welder is handy there. Ah I'm only getting eager now, now that I nearly have everything

Sorry Lean, forgot to say that the car is starting and running

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well If I was you I would get the lambda in, the gearbox leak and the sump guard sorted while you are waiting on the intercooler. That way you can get the car out of your mates way and you just have to worry about the intercooler when it arrives. If you are any way fussy about your car those little tidy up bits will drive you mad so do them now while you have the facilities. Seriously, the intercooler will take you a saturday morning to fit if you have access to a drill and some small bits of steel to bend and make up the brackets.
If the car is starting and runing then you are on the home straight. I know what it feels like to be in your position but sit it out and get the other bits done this weekend and your cooler should be here by next weekend and you will be on the road.

PS you wont be going too far too quickly in the car if the lambda is not in the exhaust

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You do make a lot of sense Leon ya know that
Patience is not one of my stronger attributes

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Fix the small things now , otherwise you'll keep putting them off , and they'll drive you batty...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts