Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
a friend of mine lol travels through the toll bridge every day and is fine lol winner!

·
Registered
14,417 Posts
As long as your friend wasn't eating an ice cream cone or pictured with a Walter special his and hers birthday cake you'll be grand.

·
I <3 Boost
3,760 Posts
QUOTE (paddy_cl @ Apr 28 2011, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>a friend of mine lol travels through the toll bridge every day and is fine lol winner!

If he's not registered the car how could they find him? If he the car registered to a northern address (or is in fact living in the north) the letters will be on the way to him including penaltys.

Oh and as of recently, if it's not registered here and marked as exported in the UK/ni then the reg is passed on to the guards which means if he's stopped the car can be taken off him.

·
paul mc
1,020 Posts
Sure wont the car be on Irish plates before the guards know anythin about the car. Id say ur friend will be alright. We will all keep our fingers crossed

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
If the V5 reg doc has been filled in correctly and sent of by the seller then your friend will probably get a fine and points via your friendly postman. If not the fine will be sent to the current registered keeper who will tell them who he sold it to.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
The likes of the M50 toll are now passed on to debt collection agencies for recovery once they get to a certain level for collection. As for the cops and fines I would imagine as stated if the car is still registerred to the seller any fine would go to them (I know the points system isnt aligned but fines definately are transferable across europe) if it isnt then the details of the buyer would be on the V5 and on record when the car is eventually registered.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (Red Diesel @ Apr 28 2011, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the V5 reg doc has been filled in correctly and sent of by the seller then your friend will probably get a fine and points via your friendly postman. If not the fine will be sent to the current registered keeper who will tell them who he sold it to.
+1

·
low&amp;slow
3,212 Posts
QUOTE (Red Diesel @ Apr 28 2011, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If the V5 reg doc has been filled in correctly and sent of by the seller then your friend will probably get a fine and points via your friendly postman. If not the fine will be sent to the current registered keeper who will tell them who he sold it to.
Well thats what should happen anyway. If the seller does get the fine and the new owner does not respond to the seller by giving his adress phone number and licence number etc then the seller can report it to the guards and then they start an investigation. However if he does respond then the same letter for speeding will be sent out to the new owner this time with his name on it. But who knows if the letter will be sent out to either of them.

·
Registered
716 Posts
OT but do those new camera vans have to flash even it is bright?
Passed one today speeding and it didn't but it was bright out so maybe it didn't need to.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
QUOTE (ustari @ Apr 29 2011, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OT but do those new camera vans have to flash even it is bright?
Passed one today speeding and it didn't but it was bright out so maybe it didn't need to.

They dont flash.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
3 weeks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.