Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Sony M8800

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MarkoC 
#1 ·
I have a Sony m8800 radio that won't work,when I connected it there was no power ,I changed the fuse in the.back of the radio and still nothing,I connected another radio and that worked fine,has anyone got any ideas what might be.the. fault

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (ljag @ Jan 27 2013, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a Sony m8800 radio that won't work,when I connected it there was no power ,I changed the fuse in the.back of the radio and still nothing,I connected another radio and that worked fine,has anyone got any ideas what might be.the. fault
Did you had this HU in your car before or you tried first time it in your car ?
Some HUs harnesses wont match, compare the wires (colors) with your other Hu. Easy to rewire if you know what to do.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (ljag @ Jan 29 2013, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Was working in the car I took it our off,
So you trying to put it back to the same car where you took it out ?
Make sure you didn't damage any wires, take more serious look if there's any potential connection between wires. Sometimes you can damage the wires if its cheap harness and therefore burn the transistors in the radio when putting it back to the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.