Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dublin FTW!
9,391 Posts
They are all 180bhp Mick, they also have 312mm front discs and 256mm vented rears.
Half leather and aircon is standard afaik, xenon lights were on the tour model.
I think 16" wheels were standard too.

Out of the box the 180bhp engine is nothing special, a few mods transform it though.

Make sure it's beed serviced, oil sludge and all that, breather pipes split causing running problems on the 1.8t.
Everyone will mention coil packs but I've only ever had one die in 50+k miles driving.

·
Go Big Or Go Home
7,890 Posts
mick iv had a few, were u looking at the car?

hard to get a good one here at the min, they have all the usual mk4 golf shite. big things would be oil changes, timimg belt etc.

pm me if ya want ill think of more stuff in the morning lol try to remember the specs list when i worked in skoda lol

they go well with a remap if u want a spin in one give me a bell.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a look at the car, seems straight, the guy who owns it wouldn't drive it hard. Typical irish service history though.

I havn't taken it for a spin yet though. I'm told everything electrical works, which if its mk4 based would be unusual..

Its got climatronic actually, if thats rare? Interior is cleanish despite the white carpets.

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
I don't think you should be allowed near another Octavia Micheál

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (t.d @ Apr 22 2011, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ROFL I'd forgotten about that! It's black and all

I have an 03 ,non modified , original, Neilo s right nothing special with 180bhp ,quick enough though,huge boot, came from UK ,now has 64k from new,standard
with climatronic and 17" wheels,unmarked interior ,driver seat only ever used,half thinking of selling

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
QUOTE (Carden @ Apr 22 2011, 09:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't think you should be allowed near another Octavia Micheál
QUOTE (t.d @ Apr 22 2011, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ROFL I'd forgotten about that! It's black and all

With 200k plus the rest, I was merely putting it out of its misery..

@Stevemk1, Pm me a price or a few details there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.