Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, some of you mite remember my frevious black mk3 Golf (Black, Cheap & Simple) project on here
Loved it but a lack of power and no spec made me think of selling this car, went to some young fella from Sligo so i mite see it someday

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Then i decided to get something more powerfull so either mk2 GTI or mk4 GTI was on the list of interest. I always wanted mk2 Gti, since years i was looking for a right car, mk4 Gti was more sinsible option, newer car better spec etc.
I was looking loooooooong time and i found this only 10 miles from Sligo, was advertised 98 days before i found it and first idea was that this car is gone long time ago, next morning i rang to the seller and suprise, car is still there

Its a mk3 Golf GL 1.8 ADZ (90 bhp), UK import with a nice list of spec:
- 4 electric windows
- electric mirrors
- electric sunroof (in perfect working order)
- velour interior in superb condition
- back head rests
- adjustible steering rack
- factory fitted side skirts (not a mark on them)
- colour coded mirrors, mouldings
- factory fitted 8 speakers

Just had an NCT today, no problems at all with a car and the guy at the station complemented Golf by saying: Nice clean Golf you have!

Looks like its a good base for modification

Some pics:

Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle Speedometer
Car Plant Vehicle Window Car seat cover

Window Car Fixture Automotive design Personal luxury car
Gadget Plastic Transparency Communication Device Rectangle

Sky Hood Window Vehicle Car
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Trunk

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Sky

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Trevor @ Nov 30 2011, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are you doing something similar with this?

Where did you get the wide G60s?
Yeah kind off, low and nice wheels. Set of banded steelies also in my plans but 16inch this time.
Got my banded in Poland.

·
Registered
619 Posts
QUOTE (matt.finn @ Nov 30 2011, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lovely base for a project! Judging by your last car i cant wait to see this

x2
Looking forward to it

·
Registered
504 Posts
QUOTE (matt.finn @ Nov 30 2011, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Lovely base for a project! Judging by your last car i cant wait to see this

QUOTE (Robmorrissey @ Nov 30 2011, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>x2
Looking forward to it

The plan is to do a good service first and finish cleaning the car my way

Then coilovers of course and wheels, got some ideas already but first need to find a good wheel in need of refurb so i have something to do over winter.
Still have some bits left after the black Golf like hella silver tail lights etc. , also want to have a heated sits in this car so need to look for parts, many ideas in my head so fingers crossed hope it will be sorted

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, car is in everyday use atm, im waiting for a box full of new parts (radiator, t/belt kit, plugs, steering pump, brake discs and pads) and a lot of other things, cant even remember what else.
Looking for some good coilovers as well & GTI bumpers and arches in mint condition. Thats it so far..., waiting for this winter to end..

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quick update on work been done so far,
car is lowered on coilovers: front H&R and back brand new JOM's

Before that it was a lot of cleaning, polishing & washing

Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Heat-gun treatment on splitters, back to black, it realy works!

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Some parts waiting, strut brace and bonnet deflector or spoiler, you name it - made by Bonrath, will be painted gloss black.

Automotive tire Road surface Infrastructure Asphalt Line

Vehicle Window Hood Aircraft Motor vehicle

Also got these to cover headlights, original VW parts in great nick, never seen these before!

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Grille Wheel Automotive tire

Adapters: 4x100 --> 5x112; 4 x 17mm

Plant Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Gas

Black indicators

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Grille

... and thats what it looks like now, update on wheels soon

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

Attachments

·
Go to heaven, ski like hell&#33;
558 Posts
Me like

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.