Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Bora TDI 130 ASZ started screeching when driving with the steering on hard lock. This happens especially in reverse. I thought it was the fan belt or tensioner. I never fixed it and now a year later, the screeching starts on hard lock but now also when I'm trying to get the engine to pull too high a gear - e.g. turning a corner in third gear or whatever.

Does anyone know if this problem is definitely the tensioner and if so, is it a big job and does anyone have recommendations for parts?
Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
574 Posts
QUOTE (dangerdre @ Apr 8 2011, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Bora TDI 130 ASZ started screeching when driving with the steering on hard lock. This happens especially in reverse. I thought it was the fan belt or tensioner. I never fixed it and now a year later, the screeching starts on hard lock but now also when I'm trying to get the engine to pull too high a gear - e.g. turning a corner in third gear or whatever.

Does anyone know if this problem is definitely the tensioner and if so, is it a big job and does anyone have recommendations for parts?
Any help would be much appreciated.
this sounds like its the power steering belt , check the pulley and check your powersteering fluid level , id think that its a power steering issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.