Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what the scrap value of tractor weighing 2200 kg ,needs to much work to restore,1976 international 444,,needs,mudguards ,canvas cab respray front grill,lights ,the list goes on?

·
'Black Balled' member
5,500 Posts
not sure of its scrap value; you say it needs too much work to restore? Some collectors restorers might already have the parts, or need parts from it to restore/revive another; AFAIK brian47(on here) 's dad is into vintage tractors and might be interested...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (BLZEEDUB @ Apr 10 2011, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>not sure of its scrap value; you say it needs too much work to restore? Some collectors restorers might already have the parts, or need parts from it to restore/revive another; AFAIK brian47(on here) 's dad is into vintage tractors and might be interested...
tractor is driving ,could re fabricate ,grill,and mudguard put rollbar on and see from there ,would keep me busy for a fey days

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If its still running hold onto it (if you have the intrest) and tip away at your ease fixing it up or else sell it on to a tractor head internationals are a sought after machine if i remember correctly

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Don't scrap it, it's bad enough seeing old VW's being scrapped without seeing old tractors being done too, especially if it's running. You would make as much or probably more selling it to someone anyway.

PM me on some pics I might know someone in Longford interested.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
if you don't want it and reckon it's worth say €400 (picking a number out of the air) in pure scrap value then advertise it on donedeal at the scrap value. You get exactly what you would have got for it and someone else gets a restoration project or a collection of donor parts for their other restoration project. Simples...

it saves you the hassle of having to cart it to the merchant too but the downside is you have to deal with the numpty texters: "is she RWD lad?"

·
Scrap Man
0 Posts
QUOTE (mark2jetta @ Apr 10 2011, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what the scrap value of tractor weighing 2200 kg ,needs to much work to restore,1976 international 444,,needs,mudguards ,canvas cab respray front grill,lights ,the list goes on?
if it is going well lift, PTO steering hydraulic's you could get up to 1k pending on the right man that is stuck for them - to re-sell it on , i had a lad looking for stuff for a 444 but its becoming impossible to get old parts-

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (J.LYONS2008 @ Apr 11 2011, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if it is going well lift, PTO steering hydraulic's you could get up to 1k pending on the right man that is stuck for them - to re-sell it on , i had a lad looking for stuff for a 444 but its becoming impossible to get old parts-
mark2jetta here stripped all tinware off ,mudguards were the hardest to do there like a string vest ,bonnet and side panels are not bad,will get someone to post up some pictures,

·
Scrap Man
0 Posts
QUOTE (mark2jetta @ Apr 12 2011, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mark2jetta here stripped all tinware off ,mudguards were the hardest to do there like a string vest ,bonnet and side panels are not bad,will get someone to post up some pictures,do sure, as said above put it up on donedeal , you would neva know wot you would get

·
Feed The Pony
1,346 Posts
QUOTE (Plane @ Apr 11 2011, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My local scrap yard is giving 120 per tonne for cars and 155 for clean steel.

Youll sell it on done deal if you want rid of it.

I'd be re-negotiating or changing my scrap yard.

·
Registered
256 Posts
QUOTE (Jimmy Diesel Junior @ Apr 13 2011, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd be re-negotiating or changing my scrap yard.

Why is that? What sort of money you getting a tonne? Also Plane who is paying that?

I wouldnt scrap in you would get someone of Donedeal to give better money lad

·
Registered
959 Posts
i agree with BLZEEDUB, keep it or sell it on donedeal or buy and sell or go to any of your local tractor/heavy plant machine shops and ask can u put of a A4 sheet with your tractor for sale on it.

too many vws etc disappear, with out vintage tractors going as well. over the summer there are loads of vintage rally's on, go to any of them and there will be loads people interested. or just google for the irish vintage clubs

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.