Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sold the S3 before xmas, and have been looking for a sutiable replacement since.

I know its not VAG, but I still have the MK1 cab and the MK4Van...(and the Mk4 GTI I traded against the S3)

Out of the box performance is great, and I think its pretty subtle and doesnt stick out a mile. (ie hasnt got loads of chrome etc) Only thing i think i'll change on it are the rims.... (CSL or M5 Style ones)

Excuse the dirt, I only got it yesterday, so it really has to be detailed!

Brian

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too early to tell Baza, but I'm not worried about running it.
Road Tax will be the biggest sting.. around €1350 PA..... (Compared to the S3's €490) But its taxed for a while anyways

I expect about 10 - 15mpg..... The guy who owned it reckoned he was getting 30mpg on his daily commute... He's just bought a new 535d.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Best of luck with the new machine Brian, its a savage machine, M3 what can I say

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'd love to drive one just to feel what the power is like.. Those wheels look very small - is it just the pic? Do M3s come with 18s?

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (Mark N @ Feb 19 2006, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd love to drive one just to feel what the power is like.. Those wheels look very small - is it just the pic? Do M3s come with 18s?

They are quick with a capital q, friend drove one for a while that he traded in. From a standing start an Impreza Turbo (dunno what it was, ie. Irish 218 BHP, or STI 280 BHP) stuck tight till about 80, then it started losing ground.

I think the 19's were an upgrade, M3 Evo's I think they're called. They're the making of the car. Those are 18's in that pic, different design than the Evo's. They do nothing for the car.

All in all it's a sweet car. Have fun with it....which I'm sure you will

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
yea sweet looking car best of luck with it, i like thoes wheels and the power in an m3 is something to behold

·
Registered
651 Posts
QUOTE (Mark N @ Feb 19 2006, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd love to drive one just to feel what the power is like.. Those wheels look very small - is it just the pic? Do M3s come with 18s?

There is a nice black one in Maxwells at the moment U could chance your arm going up and asking for a spin, well worth a test drive - great power all the way past 7000rpm

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Guys!

They're 18's Mark. Come standard on them. M3 Evo 19"s are much nicer, but still not as nice as 19" CSL ones.

Brendan, I'd say it'd have to be an STI to stay with an M, or else a heavily modified Irish one.

Only have it a couple of days but I can't wipe the smile off my face every time i drive it... Powersliding it out of corners is a good buzz!!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE Powersliding it out of corners is a good buzz!!
a yea you cant beat the rear wheel steering
ive got a 320 for work and just use it and abuse it, because its not mine i just pay for the fuel

·
Registered
270 Posts
What you thinking?

I know I wouldn't be posting a pic of that car on a public forum for all to see. God only knows who browses these forums. You see what I'm getting at?

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
QUOTE Sorry lads, photo gone after dodgy phone call.
what happened dude?? it could be a warning to any of us here who post up pics, of new audi, MV5 gti's etc all very desirable cars

why wouldnt you post up a pic Brendan?? imo if you black out the reg there is no real way to trace the car,
and its not as if an m3 is that rare there are plenty of them around the country,

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (benkenobi @ Feb 21 2006, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>why wouldnt you post up a pic Brendan?? imo if you black out the reg there is no real way to trace the car,
and its not as if an m3 is that rare there are plenty of them around the country,

It's just that if I had a high performance car sitting on my drive I wouldn't be advertising it for all to see, Yes they're not that rare, but they're not that hugely common at the same time. And they're very desireable for the scum.

Remember that just before xmas a couple of the lads from here had cars stolen from the Meath/North Dublin area, one was a vRS Octavia and the other was a BM something or other!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts