Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts

·
good evening shuttle bus, tell me where you're
503 Posts
i have so much respect for the work and effort that went into that car. Fabrication is dying quickly and its a shame. What a build and im gutted for yer man, id say he is seriously bumbed out. but in my own humble opinion it looked crap.

·
Mr Magoo
4,282 Posts
QUOTE (Jonnyp16v @ Apr 11 2011, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Such a shame. I really liked that car, well bar the roof chop.

yeah i always hated the roof chop

still think he should have left the rust on just the bonnet cos it looked sweet with the black paint

after on top before on the bottom

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
"...bit early to say 'RIP' - lotta 'burnt to a crisp' cars get built back up and put back on the road; in the aircooled scene- splitty's, bays and at least one treckker have gotten built back up, lowered etc."

Especially since Michael Burrough worked so hard to make this, probably the most well known Rat car about.

his build thread is pretty epic too,

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
double jeopardy

QUOTE (bgh @ Apr 12 2011, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Am I the only one who thinks the car looked best in the before pic above? IMO a rare mint bmw ruined

It was given the roof chop after it was involved in an accident severely damaging the a-pillar. It was declared dead then too as it was technically a writeoff but burroughs decided to bring it back with the roof chop, extended arches, air, ronal racing wheels etc.

·
Addicted to Amaroks...
1,202 Posts
QUOTE (ventojetta @ Apr 11 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To be honest if my pride and joy was going up in Flames, last thing i'd be doing is taking pictures of it.

Hate to say it, but publicity stunt anybody? Good for marketing his website I suppose. Also, looks basically a shell in the photo's, all the good bits seem to be gone off it and the car was coming to it's end anyways.

Does it really need more attention though? I mean it must be the one of the most talked about and the biggest love/hate car out there?

All he'd need to do is slap another set of wheels and everyone would talk about it again....speaking of which he has an awesome wheel collection outside of the ronals!

I really liked it before, but after reading that incredible build thread! This is very sad
But there is one very important line from before the roof chop in the build thread so maybe he'll rebuild it from burnt now?
QUOTE But of course Rusty could never die. You should have known that.

·
&#12479;&#12452;&#12503;&#19968;&#20061;&#38651;&#
242 Posts
QUOTE (ventojetta @ Apr 11 2011, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To be honest if my pride and joy was going up in Flames, last thing i'd be doing is taking pictures of it!

agreed, a bit weird,

sorta a push to think he burned his own garage down but im sure whatever happened the car will come back

was looking its best at this stage for me though, not a fan of the roof chop, just didnt flow

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
QUOTE (Carden @ Apr 12 2011, 08:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>double jeopardy

It was given the roof chop after it was involved in an accident severely damaging the a-pillar. It was declared dead then too as it was technically a writeoff but burroughs decided to bring it back with the roof chop, extended arches, air, ronal racing wheels etc.
X2

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.