Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Updated Pics on Page 6

Hi Guys...

Here She is..

Only have her a week and delighted with her.

She's a 1.6 Highline Model

Lovely interior and at the moment pretty much factory spec.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Gear shift Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover

Water Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
welcome to vagdrivers, nice looking car there, like the colour. you,ll get loads of advice and inspiration on here for modding it,
id start with some nice 17"/18" wheels along with lowering the suspension. best of luck with it. enjoy.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Buy yourself some tyre dressing
Really finishes a clean car off IMO

Nice bus and welcome

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
Welcome,so whats the plans? You have to put them into writing here so we can hassle you into getting them done

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If i had that colour i would put RS6 reps on. 18" and lower. I think they still look like a great wheel i.m.o and won't break the bank. German plates too. Alarm beep too.

·
Premium Member
6,714 Posts
QUOTE (Rob TDI @ Jul 15 2009, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If i had that colour i would put RS6 reps on.

Nnnnooooooooooo!!!

Theres plenty of "different" wheels out there to be picked up cheaply second hand, RS6's are practically standard on mk4s in this country now

Just my opinion of course

·
Registered
12,877 Posts
Welcome along,great spec to start with which is good.I agree on the chrome grille lose it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a Million Guys, Great to be reassured that she was a good buy

Great to finally have a car woth posting on here too

QUOTE (bri @ Jul 14 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>buy these and slam it, job done! wheels

Thanks Bri But no thanks, Not really my cuppa tea

QUOTE (mr.sifter @ Jul 14 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>welcome
where did you take those pics?

Took the pics down in a little spot by the river in Inistiogue Co. Kilkenny. (Shouldnt be admitting that cos I'm a Wexfordman
)

QUOTE (t.d @ Jul 15 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome along. Nice looking car you have, there is a lovely spec on the highlines. Nice wheels, a bit of lowering and get rid of that nasty plastic chrome strip that is (badly) stuck onto the grille and you are onto a winner. I wouldn't be into the wheels bri posted up though.

Removing that strip along with the badges is first on my list. Had a bora before Now and The chrome looked lovely on it. Just doesnt work on the golf. Just one of those ideas that didnt work

QUOTE (Shaun @ Jul 15 2009, 12:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Buy yourself some tyre dressing
Really finishes a clean car off IMO
Thanks Shaun Will do:)

QUOTE (walterc @ Jul 15 2009, 01:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome,so whats the plans? You have to put them into writing here so we can hassle you into getting them done

Good question, Plans are:

Lowered 30 MM (Springs bought already)
Bigger alloys... havent decided which yet though, Love BBS RC's But would like to do something a bit different too
4Mo front and rear valances (unpainted)
Twin tip exhaust
Polo or Mk5 rear Wiper
Obviously german plates
Respray that front bumper and the spoiler and a machine polish (Booked)
And anything else that might finish her off nicely

QUOTE (walterc @ Jul 15 2009, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nnnnooooooooooo!!!

Theres plenty of "different" wheels out there to be picked up cheaply second hand, RS6's are practically standard on mk4s in this country now

Just my opinion of course

I agree, nice wheels but too many out there

QUOTE (Shane @ Jul 15 2009, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome along,great spec to start with which is good.I agree on the chrome grille lose it.

Will do:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
QUOTE (t.d @ Jul 15 2009, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome along. Nice looking car you have, there is a lovely spec on the highlines. Nice wheels, a bit of lowering and get rid of that nasty plastic chrome strip that is (badly) stuck onto the grile and you are onto a winner. I wouldn't be into the wheels bri posted up though.i was,nt serious about those wheels
meant to put a laugh out loud icon on the end, that car has a nice stance though. think a set of bbs lm,s would look well on your car .

·
&quot;Scene&quot; is just another word for stupid.
880 Posts
How bout a set of bbs rs's...look the job and somethin differn't!!! Rc's are nice but most likely expensiv and probably not the easiest to come by...dunno though

best of look with it anyway...!!!

·
Oh Glenn, you nasty&#33;
2,931 Posts
QUOTE (Gazmk5 @ Jul 15 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How bout a set of bbs rs's...look the job and somethin differn't!!! Rc's are nice but most likely expensiv and probably not the easiest to come by...dunno though

And RS's are 2 a penny???
RC's would be a lot easier to come by than a bolt on set of RS's. RS301's are the only ones that where made big enough in 5x100 and if you can find a set you're looking at 2k +++ and they're 17's. I've a set of 18" Rial Daytona Race i might be selling.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
QUOTE (Glenn @ Jul 15 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And RS's are 2 a penny???
RC's would be a lot easier to come by than a bolt on set of RS's. RS301's are the only ones that where made big enough in 5x100 and if you can find a set you're looking at 2k +++ and they're 17's. I've a set of 18" Rial Daytona Race i might be selling.

Last I heard they were making 1500 dollars a wheel in the states for 18's (17's with the stepped lips or lip extensions I think they're called?)
I forget what the original 17's were making though..

RC's definitely would be a lot easier and cheaper to find.

·
its pronounced Conor D........... Ray&#33;&#33;&#
5,614 Posts
looks like a lovely base. well wear.

plans are good. i'd have gone lower with the suspension but it should be well tidy when you're done (not that your ever really "done")

go for somethin different with the wheels. lots of lovely choice out there. porsche twists and adapters or somethin along those lines.
best of luck with it anyway.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
QUOTE (conord @ Jul 15 2009, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>looks like a lovely base. well wear.

plans are good. i'd have gone lower with the suspension but it should be well tidy when you're done (not that your ever really "done")

go for somethin different with the wheels. lots of lovely choice out there. porsche twists and adapters or somethin along those lines.
best of luck with it anyway.

I'd Love to go lower too conor But with the roads around where I live She'd be in bits in no time. And couldnt bring myself to do that to a car with only 49K Miles

1 - 20 of 288 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.