Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello boys and girls, How are ye all today? im just interested in finding out what version of maps ye have on your RNS 510.
I was up in the big smoke (Dublin) yesterday and i couldn't believe how much changes with one way streets everywhere
and other changes have taken place i have v6 maps on mine. On the way home i stopped at the stealers and asked hoe
much the newer version V7 maps are and to my jaw dropping delight i was told €250 for a CD. im just wondering has
anybody got this? and would anybody be interested in getting one of these maps or is there a cheaper place to
get them??

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Thats a crazy price. Genuine discs can be gotten far cheaper on ebay. V7.1 is due out in week 22 (end of May) so you would be better off waiting if you can.

I have 7.0. I havnt used it in Dublin but it was perfect around Belfast. It doesnt have the M6 west of Ballinasloe, the M7 south of Portlaoise, limerick tunnel and the M18 north of Ennis.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (kevinm @ Apr 14 2011, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats a crazy price. Genuine discs can be gotten far cheaper on ebay. V7.1 is due out in week 22 (end of May) so you would be better off waiting if you can.

I have 7.0. I havnt used it in Dublin but it was perfect around Belfast. It doesnt have the M6 west of Ballinasloe, the M7 south of Portlaoise, limerick tunnel and the M18 north of Ennis.
Tnks man
Did u buy that disc yourself? it is ourtages price i have no idea how it could cost that much u can buy a tom tom for feck all and it has the newest maps on it

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Id be interested in this too... Surely they can be got cheaper than €250?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I got it with the RNS510

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
QUOTE (AudiA3Quattro @ Apr 14 2011, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The only thing that i can think of is a few of us buy one disc but im not sure if it would work that way?? anybody else know
That's piracy which VW are very strict on. They have had websites shut down for discussing this.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Pilsen Autos - Skoda Dealers have version seven dvd, should be able to upload to any unit the has dvd drive on it, (believe it or not some units are cd and need the disc in the unit)
cost €39, takes about 30-40 mins to install.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (TDI 150 CORK @ Apr 14 2011, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pilsen Autos - Skoda Dealers have version seven dvd, should be able to upload to any unit the has dvd drive on it, (believe it or not some units are cd and need the disc in the unit)
cost €39, takes about 30-40 mins to install.
Really? god that seem very fair i must give them a ring and see. Tnks man

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.