Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner

Replacing Aerial Base

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Simon 
#1 ·
The aerial base on the Polo is looking a bit shoddy and needs a new seal so Im going to replace the whole thing.

Before I order it does anyone know if this is suitable

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Roof-Aerial-...0#ht_1873wt_954

Rather than order it, strip the liner and find its an amplified base of some kind!

#2 ·
I managed to do the golf one without stripping the liner Mike
Just remove the seals around the boot and drop the liner slightly to get your hand in stnading at the back with the boot open.

Given that I have hands like a fistful of mickeys most people shoudl be able to do it

Also IIRC the polo one is amplified from when i changed a radio in the now wifeys car way back when she had one.

#3 ·
QUOTE (Declan @ Feb 13 2012, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I managed to do the golf one without stripping the liner Mike
Just remove the seals around the boot and drop the liner slightly to get your hand in stnading at the back with the boot open.

Given that I have hands like a fistful of mickeys most people shoudl be able to do it

Also IIRC the polo one is amplified from when i changed a radio in the now wifeys car way back when she had one.

Nice one Declan, I knew it would have to be the more expensive part lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.