Volkswagen Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheres the best place to get it down, what one is considered the best value and how much am i looking at paying? i have a 01 btw with 35000 miles

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (gtijim @ Feb 25 2006, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>westward do a revo remap for around the 600 euro mark

cheers, i remember back on vage that some crowd were doing a deal on upsolute?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Cyrus,

I got a 2003 done in Westward about 3 weeks ago and cant get over the difference. It cost € 624.25 in total and was well worth it. I also got an SPS with which you can switch it on or off and there is also an anti theft fuction which means the car wont run even if the keys are taken.
I think it was Logic Automotive that were doing the deal on Upsolute.
One thing to note is that you will probably have to get an uprated dump valve as the standard ones go. I ordered a Forge one over the internet and found this how to guide :
http://www.uk-mkivs.net/blogs/uk-mkivs_diy.../01/243574.aspx
It took about 25 minutes to change but most of that was spent trying to undo the factory clips that were on the old one.

·
Registered
875 Posts
We got one done by jabba for Boyd at Motech, and very impressed. We were talking to Revo at the Autosport show about busniss and stuff and they gave us a free map to show what the were about. Top end power was 2 bhp down, but the mid-ange was wicked, and I mean fantastic. If Martin at Westward can replicate what they done for us, go for it. Go for SPS.

John

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got upsolute on my ARZ (2000) and for 300 euro it's very impressive. Tails off more than REVO but with an N75J fitted the torque is impressive. Probably only between 185bhp & 195bhp - not as much as REVO but bang for buck it's definitely worth it!

Although lately I have been considering fitting a K03s with dp and getting REVO to push for 220ish but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.....

·
Registered
407 Posts
is it wise to go tinkering with the boost after getting the remap? wats recommended? best products?

·
Registered
219 Posts
QUOTE (chrisy @ Mar 16 2006, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is it wise to go tinkering with the boost after getting the remap? wats recommended? best products?

Tbh I don't know a lot about engines - basic maintenance, some concepts but a mechanic or engineer I definitely ain't
but that said I do my research and if you search over on uk-mkivs or vortex you'll see that lots of differing experiences with changing the n75 valve. What I've read is that this works well with the AGU's and particularly with the Upsolute remap - I've an ARZ which is a bit of a mongrel - K03 turbo with dbw and I read that some people had good success by fitting the n75j so I figured it's worth a try - so far my experience has been good - you get more low down torque and the car is smoother to drive at low rpm but this does tail off at higher rpm - I think it feels like it tails off more than the std n75 because the boost is higher to begin with - one ul-mkivs member had before and after dynos from his arz with upsolute and you could see that with the std n75 the torque was lower and tailed off after 4k, with the n75j the torque was a good bit higher and also tailed off after 4k but was still higher than with the std n75.

Anyway so far I've had no problems and the car definitely feels a lot more potent -

·
Registered
219 Posts
QUOTE (chrisy @ Mar 16 2006, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i like potent..

Me too, a lot - in real world terms, as long as it's dry it'll embarrass a lot of much more expensive machinery (i.e. up to 120(ish)kmh) - I've had a few drivers look at me funny.... one TT (180bhp) driver even got a bit shirty when I accelerated away from him on the way to enniskerry (long straight road just after kilternan village) - probably didn't help that he'd just pulled out to overtake me at the same time I accelerated - but if truth be told he was a real wa**ker having just driven from stepaside village 6" from my bumper all the way!

Lately I've been wondering if it's worth swopping in a k03s with dp and getting revo stage 2 - my heart says yes but my head says traction would be too much of an issue and i should wait to get something like a tt or s3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts